Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple Admins?  (Read 5623 times)

Patzt

• Coppermine newbie
Multiple Admins?
« on: June 29, 2004, 03:39:20 pm »

Is it possible to have multiple Admins?  At one site where I am an administrator, the owner has Admin status but there are 4 admins and we'd like to be able to assign all four as equal admins.  At the moment we must all login as the owner when we wish to be in admin status.  ??? 

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Multiple Admins?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 03:47:58 pm »

You can have as many admins as you like, but this is not recommended.

All admins have full control, there are no partial admins/moderators, so 1 admin can delete another etc.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Patzt

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2004, 04:00:58 pm »

Thanks Casper...   

We're using the latest version of e107 and we just can't seem to set it up.  And with the owner away for awhile, it would be better if at least one of the other admins were able to act in Admin status without logging in as the owner each time.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2004, 06:36:57 pm »

Please understand that "coppermine for e107" is a user contribution that is not "officially" supported on this site. The devs and supporters on coppermine.sourceforge.net have not experience with the e107 port, so things might be different with the e107 port. Anyway, in standalone coppermine, the admin can create users with the admin menu "users", button "create new user" and choose from the dropdown field "User group" administrator. He can also modify existing users to become admins the same way. If you don't have these options in your menu, my advice is to ask for support on the e107 support board or contact the author of the port.

GauGau

Patzt

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2004, 03:19:31 am »

Thanks so much, GauGau, for your reply.

I guess I'll have to go to e107 support for the reply then as I've tried what you've suggested and it doesn't work.  We did have three of our Admins having Admin status on our other site but since moving to a new server, we just can't seem to set it up.

Thanks again.

ornic

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2004, 02:20:26 pm »

You can have as many admins as you like, but this is not recommended.

All admins have full control, there are no partial admins/moderators, so 1 admin can delete another etc.

Are there a plans to introduce some "moderarors" user group? They should have the same rights as Administrators exept changing other users rights and permanently deleting of photos.

We have a problem in our LAN gallery: there are too much users for only one Admin to look after them. And the Moderators group will be a good solution (one step among the many other needed).

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2004, 09:37:23 am »

moderaror groups have been requested already in the past, and there are lengthy discussions about this issue in "feature requests". May be in a future version of coppermine.

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.