Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1.4.25 to latest release basic upgrade question  (Read 4087 times)

ianm

• Coppermine newbie
1.4.25 to latest release basic upgrade question
« on: February 12, 2012, 01:41:25 am »

Hi

I just want to check an upgrade question, I have installed 1.4.25 which is bridged with phpbb, to upgrade is it a question of just uploading the latest version over the top of the old version and running the upgrade script.

I also made a few style changes to the classic theme then renamed it and I wondered if the new version is close enough for this old theme still work, I am just trying to get an idea of how much work wil be involved before I update I know I am a year or so late on this but I have decided to give an old site a revamp.

Many thanks

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: 1.4.25 to latest release basic upgrade question
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 03:03:02 am »

First thing you should do is deactivate your bridge and any plugins you have. You will then need to follow the upgrade procedure outlined in the docs. You will also find details of upgrading your theme. It is quite a simple job especially with the classic theme but you will need to at the very least add the javascript token.

Make sure you take backups of both your database and files before you start and also get hold of any plugins that you might need to upgrade to the cpg1.5.x version.

Good luck and if you run into any problems we will be glad to try and assist.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.