Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mass Import Plug-In  (Read 4844 times)

pols1337

• Coppermine frequent poster
Mass Import Plug-In
« on: February 05, 2012, 12:18:28 am »

Hello,

I am currently testing out the "Mass Import" plug-in for my Coppermine 1.5.18 test gallery: 

http://universeofmen.com/test_gallery/index.php

I've tried to run it (multiple times), and although it shows 730 files in 12 albums, no pictures actually get added to albums.  See Picture 1. 

But the pictures do exist, since when I try to run Mass Import a second and third time, it doesn't add any pictures since it says the 724 pictures already exist.  See Picture 2.

Can you advise?  (Right now, I don't even know how to get rid of those 724 pictures that "exist" since I can't locate them anywhere in the gallery since all files and categories are 0 files.)   :o

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Mass Import Plug-In
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 02:50:25 pm »

I suggest to have a look at the pictures table of your gallery's database. There you'll see some information which picture IDs they got, to which albums they were added and some other info. If that information means nothing to you, please post a screenshot of that table's content.

pols1337

[Resolved] Mass Import Plug-In
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 11:40:30 pm »

Thanks for the reply.  While I was waiting for your response, I ended up ...

1.  Completely deleting the database and reinstalling Coppermine from scratch (not the most elegant of solutions, I know ... but it works)

2.  Re-running the plug-in.  One thing I noticed (which may help others) is that Mass Import Plug-in does try to match the folder and file structure, but if you try to match the structure directly from your_cpg_folder/albums/, the plug-in places those folders inside a blank category.  You then need to go to Categories config inside Coppermine to rename the blank category or delete it.

Hope this helps others.     

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: [Resolved] Mass Import Plug-In
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 01:55:41 pm »

if you try to match the structure directly from your_cpg_folder/albums/, the plug-in places those folders inside a blank category
So what exactly do you have to enter or what you shouldn't enter to avoid what happened to you in your first try? What exactly do you mean with "blank category"?

Mimer

• Translator
    • Fjotte
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 02:35:07 pm »

Mass Import Plug-In creates a blank category (cat 1 in db if no other categories in db) and create all other categories in this category.
Because of the blank category (no text) you cannot see the categories at a lower level in Coppermine.
A workaround is to delete the blank category from Coppermine.
Another workaround is to delete the blank categogy from db but you will have to change the second level of categories to cat 0 in db.

Structure:
Root - "Blank category" - Category 1 -
                                  |
                                   - Category 2 -
                                  | 

Mimer  8)

Mimer

• Translator
    • Fjotte
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 03:22:34 pm »

Here is a capture from db to show the problem.
Another think to do if categories don't show up is to "Update" the db after Mass Import.

Mimer  8)

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.