Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Error Message uploading some files  (Read 3834 times)

flipperbox

• Coppermine newbie
Error Message uploading some files
« on: January 31, 2012, 10:30:00 pm »

OK, most files seem to be uploading fine, but certain files wont, and are giving me this message...

Error - Flipperbox dot com

body {behavior: url(themes/curve/csshover3.htc );}
.dropmenu li {width: 1px;} .dropmenu li a.firstlevel span.firstlevel {white-space: nowrap;} .main_menu {overflow: auto;}

/*  */

Appologies if that doesn't come out correct, I'm new to all this....

It only appears to be certain files, mainly MP3's.  Some will upload fine and some, just wont.

At first I thought it could be something to do with the amount of characters in the file name, couldn't find any settings on this on the config, so tried to rename the file, but still didn't work.  Also checked for characters that aren't allowed in file name, wasn't there.

It just seems strange that some files will upload, but certain files just won't, no matter how many times I try

I can set up a test username if necessary, but it will be difficult for someone to find a file that doesn't want to upload, if that makes sense!

Any help appreciated!!

www.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Error Message uploading some files
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 10:36:06 am »

I can set up a test username if necessary, but it will be difficult for someone to find a file that doesn't want to upload, if that makes sense!
Please do so. Additionally: http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/upload_troubleshooting.htm#upload_support

flipperbox

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 01:54:57 pm »

Thanks André
I think I have worked out the issue. 
Its files that are over 10 MB that are failing to upload.  I have the max file settings set to 9999999.

I'm guessing this is a server issue now? I have emailed my hosts, but they are pretty rubbish, So I doubt I will hear anything back!! Time to look for new hosting I guess...

Thanks again

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 06:26:49 pm »

Its files that are over 10 MB that are failing to upload.  I have the max file settings set to 9999999.
That's exactly what I assumed.

Setting this option to a higher value than what is actually supported by your webserver will only result in "funny" webserver error messages in lieu of "regular" coppermine error messages. Therefore, it is recommended that you set this value to a size that is slightly lower or equal to the max file size that your server is set to handle. The actual size your server can handle cannot be determined by Coppermine (or any PHP script) - when in doubt, contact your webhost.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.