Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blank page on edit albums function (v1.5.16)  (Read 3878 times)

Psyke

• Coppermine newbie
Blank page on edit albums function (v1.5.16)
« on: January 29, 2012, 01:12:19 am »

copy/paste from one of my gallery admin:
+Error: Empty White page while accessing "edit files" option on an album

+Symptoms/Affects: Empty white page without any function or media. Error affects All albums with 21 or more images.

+Page info from FireFox browser [Firefox>tools>Page Info] of white page
-Type: text/html
-Render Mode: Quirks mode
-Encoding: UTF-8
-Size: 0 KB (0 bytes)

+How to replicate Error: Locate album with 21 or more images, select "Edit Files" option on the album.
-Chance to replicate error is 100% (error is consistent)

+Notes:

-Using the "Edit Files" option of albums will only work if the album has 20 or less images per page. Admins are forced to add "&start=0&count=20" (without quotations) to the end of the URL of a white page in order to use "Edit Files", which causes the gallery to display up to 20 images per page.

-Normal Viewing of the album by visitors is unaffected.

-The "limit" of images per page was formally 24 images or less when the error first occurred, so the issue gets worse over time, dropping by one image per page every 2-5 weeks. (Time frame of first occurrence of the error is not known)

Site: [NSFW] http://www.hentaioverkill.net/Galleries/index.php
account (admin):
user: test
pass: test

After login to admin account:
go to [NSFW] http://www.hentaioverkill.net/Galleries/editpics.php?album=962
This will replicate the issue
now add "&start=0&count=20" to the URL, [NSFW] http://www.hentaioverkill.net/Galleries/editpics.php?album=962&start=0&count=20
This is the work-around we are using

Updating the gallery did not resolve the issue.

Any help and/or insight would be greatly appreciated

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Blank page on edit albums function (v1.5.16)
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 11:04:13 am »

account (admin):
user: test
pass: test
Never post admin login data publicly! I changed the password, but maybe someone has already used it to create his own admin account or upload malicious data to your gallery.

As it works with 20 files and less, but not with 21 or more, it's most probably a memory issue. Increasing the memory limit in your PHP config should fix the issue. If it doesn't fix your issue you should contact your hosting provider, maybe there are other restrictions.

Another solution would be set the maximum number of displayed files to 20, but you'd have to edit core files, which is not recommended.

Psyke

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 03:06:18 pm »

Never post admin login data publicly! I changed the password, but maybe someone has already used it to create his own admin account or upload malicious data to your gallery.
Sorry about that, and thank you for changing the password. There is no sign anything bad was done to the site.

As it works with 20 files and less, but not with 21 or more, it's most probably a memory issue. Increasing the memory limit in your PHP config should fix the issue. If it doesn't fix your issue you should contact your hosting provider, maybe there are other restrictions.

Another solution would be set the maximum number of displayed files to 20, but you'd have to edit core files, which is not recommended.
I relayed your post to the owner of the site, but it seems these methods did no good when applied, and the host says they doesn't see an issue on their side.
The limit for the images per page is now 18 (dropped by one at two separate times since my last post).

Appreciate the help, if you can suggest something else that may help, please let me know.

Psyke

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 12:05:10 am »

As an update, we did some troubleshooting, and found that the more albums there are, the lower the limit goes. By deleting albums, we managed to bring the edit page image limit from 16 to 17 (As it had dropped to 16 since my last post)

This is rather unusual, but it's the only related bit of info we could find for our issue.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 10:38:43 am »

As per Andre above, this is almost certainly a restriction on your hosting. Check your phpinfo to see what the memory limit shows as.

Take a note of the exact time the error occurs and ask your host to check their logs for that time. It should reveal exactly what is going on.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Psyke

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 05:25:49 am »

Marked as solved, as was said, was a memory issue, our host decided to try again after some insistence. Coppermine support:1 Host: 0 =P
Thanks for the help, both of you, it's much appreciated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.