Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: zip uploading & xp_publish request  (Read 3226 times)

m0nty

• Coppermine novice
zip uploading & xp_publish request
« on: June 29, 2004, 11:47:02 am »

my gallery is basically for clubbing events photo's and we have a number of people who work with us and go round reviewing and photographing nightclub events and festivals etc.

this means they can be wanting to upload 100+ photo's at a time.

not a problem if they're administrator but is an issue with the way i want it to work.

the problem is that i don't want to give people administrator access so that they can create and select category b4 uploading, both with xp_publish and zip upload.

i have created a 2nd group called admin, but what i want to know is how can i give that group permission to create a new album and select a category from the public albums section when they are uploading via xp_publish * also the same when they want to upload a zip file.

basically the category's are listed into regions of the uk, and the albums for each club are in each category.. ie godskitchen@air 21/05/04 which is an album..  every event requires a different album..

i have edited xp_publish for now so that all users can create new album and upload to category of their choice by removing the IS_ADMIN from the if statements, i can't figure how to do this for zip upload though.  what i would prefer would be to be able to select what groups can create albums & select category to upload to via the admin panel.

any help would be apreciated..

m0nty

• Coppermine novice
Re: zip uploading & xp_publish request
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2004, 06:48:54 am »

can anybody help with this?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: zip uploading & xp_publish request
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2004, 04:08:51 pm »

removing the is_admin statement means opening a huge security hole - not recommended at all.
Zip files can be uploaded as well as other archive types, but they won't automatically get extracted. I don't understand your question.

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.