Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where is "The gallery configuration page"  (Read 2420 times)

Maxgallery

• Coppermine newbie
Where is "The gallery configuration page"
« on: January 16, 2012, 03:06:27 pm »

I have a new install of coppermine 1.5 something, I am in the "Documentation and Manual" and am very lost.

I want to adjust the "configuration" before I start uploading files as suggested in the "Documentation and Manual" I am on the page of the Documentation and Manual where it says "General settings" and it says "Enter the name of your gallery in this text field. The name you enter will appear as the title that is displayed in the web browser's title bar and is also displayed in many of the different theme templates."

How do I navigate to the page inside the program where I can change the name of my gallery?

I just installed the gallery and I have logged in, next I click on????

I have looked at every menu I could find in the program and cant find it, I have about 1 hr and 45 minutes invested in looking for this page :-)

I hope I got this post in the right place being new I am kind of confused where to go I supposed a senior member can direct me to the right location if I am wrong.

Am I going to have to answer these 6 "Verification" questions each time I post on this site?

Maxgallery

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Where is "The gallery configuration page"
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 03:25:40 pm »

Never mind I found it, been using computers since 1991 first computer program I have ever used where the FIRST thing shown on a drop down menu was actually part of the menu item, be nice if on the fly down menu you could add the link "Config"  to the menu that drops down, thats almost 2 hrs of my life I will never get back trying to figure this one out.

If at the bottom of the main page their was a link that said "Administration" like phpbb message board has that took you to ALL of the admin options I would have figured it out just seconds after I logged in the first time and read the first page that loaded after logging in now I am so frustrated and have such a headache I will be taking a 24 hr break from this program to unwind.

Thanks .

Do I have to keep answering all these paranoia anti bot questions? I have been running a message board for over 10 years never needed these paranoia settings to keep bots out if you guys need help with the bots just ask have my settings tweaked where I havent had a bot sign up on my message board for over 2 years now.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 06:34:50 pm »

As far as I was aware the bot questions were only for new registrations
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 03:06:25 pm »

Do I have to keep answering all these paranoia anti bot questions? I have been running a message board for over 10 years never needed these paranoia settings to keep bots out if you guys need help with the bots just ask have my settings tweaked where I havent had a bot sign up on my message board for over 2 years now.
Before adding those "paranoia" anti spam bot mechanisms, fighting the spam took more time than the actual support work. If you want share your knowledge, please start a new thread.

a link that said "Administration" like phpbb message board has that took you to ALL of the admin options
That's already scheduled for cpg1.6.x.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.