Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Edit file information by a different user.  (Read 2314 times)

Montezuma

• Coppermine novice
Edit file information by a different user.
« on: January 07, 2012, 05:00:15 am »

Either this can't be done or I don't have it right.

What do I need to do to allow a user to have the right to go into an album that was not created by them and allow them to use "Edit file information"?

My site is for family only and one of my albums is for family tree photos.  I have a relative that I want to give the ability to add/change the info on photos.  At this time, she can't do it.  Is it possible?

Thanks.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

Montezuma

• Coppermine novice
Re: Edit file information by a different user.
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 07:02:51 pm »

Allow users to retain control over their pics in public galleries was already set "on".  I think this is the key to the problem, there is no way to assign a different user to have permission to edit the file.  This makes sense in a normal gallery open to the general public because anyone could change it and it would be a nightmare to maintain with a rogue user.

I think my needs are not built into the CPG idea and that makes perfect sense so we'll just have to go with using the comment section.

Thanks.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 08:48:36 pm »

The only solution would be to assign the user to the administrator group (not recommended) or modify the core code (also not recommended).

Montezuma

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 11:09:21 pm »

Yes, neither would be a good idea.  This particular person in around 70 years old and just found out she could change screen resolution.  Probably a bad idea to give her admin abilities.  LOL
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.