Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Call gallery outside of theme  (Read 2999 times)

timberguy

• Coppermine newbie
Call gallery outside of theme
« on: December 03, 2011, 05:53:02 am »

Is it possible to open a separate instance of the gallery outside of any theme?  My reason is, that I'd like to have a link to open a smaller pop up window from my SMF forum's post form to select photos to put in the forum posts. I was able to mess with the BBCode plugin a bit, and got it so that when you click on the bbcode URL it places it directly in the post on the forum.  I thought it would be great if I could open a bare-bones gallery to select from.   Kind of a poor man's image chooser if you will.  :)

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Call gallery outside of theme
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 10:28:03 am »

I'm not quite sure how that popup should look like, but I think you have 3 possibilities:
1. Create a custom theme and remove all unneeded stuff
2. Use the CPMFetch plugin
3. Code your image chooser from scratch

timberguy

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Call gallery outside of theme
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 05:40:36 am »

Thank you for the reply.

My reason for having a smaller window, was simply so the user could actually see that when the embed link was clicked, that the code would appear in his post box.  I didn't want the gallery within the popup to have scroll bars left and right, because that just looks bad.  My gallery has a large banner on the top from a site sponsor, so that was the real limiting factor of the window collapsing down, not really coppermine itself, as a little tinkering with ccs allows the window to be even smaller in the curve theme.

I have accomplished what I wanted to do in a different way. I used jquery to replace the top large banner image with a transparent 1px by 1 px png whenever the gallery window is reduced or called at less than a given width.  Works very well.  I wish I was better at coding, as my code for the insert is ugly. It only works because of much trial and error, not because I know anything about what I'm was trying to do. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.