Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Call gallery outside of theme  (Read 3025 times)

timberguy

• Coppermine newbie
Call gallery outside of theme
« on: December 03, 2011, 05:53:02 am »

Is it possible to open a separate instance of the gallery outside of any theme?  My reason is, that I'd like to have a link to open a smaller pop up window from my SMF forum's post form to select photos to put in the forum posts. I was able to mess with the BBCode plugin a bit, and got it so that when you click on the bbcode URL it places it directly in the post on the forum.  I thought it would be great if I could open a bare-bones gallery to select from.   Kind of a poor man's image chooser if you will.  :)

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Call gallery outside of theme
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 10:28:03 am »

I'm not quite sure how that popup should look like, but I think you have 3 possibilities:
1. Create a custom theme and remove all unneeded stuff
2. Use the CPMFetch plugin
3. Code your image chooser from scratch

timberguy

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Call gallery outside of theme
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 05:40:36 am »

Thank you for the reply.

My reason for having a smaller window, was simply so the user could actually see that when the embed link was clicked, that the code would appear in his post box.  I didn't want the gallery within the popup to have scroll bars left and right, because that just looks bad.  My gallery has a large banner on the top from a site sponsor, so that was the real limiting factor of the window collapsing down, not really coppermine itself, as a little tinkering with ccs allows the window to be even smaller in the curve theme.

I have accomplished what I wanted to do in a different way. I used jquery to replace the top large banner image with a transparent 1px by 1 px png whenever the gallery window is reduced or called at less than a given width.  Works very well.  I wish I was better at coding, as my code for the insert is ugly. It only works because of much trial and error, not because I know anything about what I'm was trying to do. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.