Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I think my gallery may have been hacked  (Read 1874 times)

gracefulally

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
    • Kris Allen Gallery
I think my gallery may have been hacked
« on: November 27, 2011, 08:16:06 pm »

Two weeks ago, I upgraded to a new service package on my domain. It took about a week to get things sorted out and another week to move the 20GB of data from the old IP address to the new one. Now, at some point in those two weeks, a large number of files disappeared. For some albums, it was thankfully only the intermediate images and thumbnails, but for other folders, the files are gone entirely including the original photos. I have no idea when it happened or why it happened. I've contacted my hosting company and I am praying that they have backups that date back before files started disappearing.

My question is: Has anyone else had this problem recently? My gallery is up-to-date (CPG 1.5.16) and I've never had a problem of files disappearing before. Once, I had someone manage to replace my index files, but that was over a year ago and was resolved rather quickly thanks to backups. I just don't know how else to explain it.
Gallery: CPG 1.5.16 | Curve Dark (customized)
Host: PHP 5.2.14 | Apache 1.3.42 | TMDHosting
Plugins: Add Pic Download Link, Lightbox NotesFor.net, Keyboard Navigation, Keywords Add, File Replacer, External Tracker, Sitemap Generator, Minify, XFeeds, SEF URLs, more...

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: I think my gallery may have been hacked
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 10:00:45 am »

Do you "only" loose the picture files, or did you also loose the corresponding records in the database (i.e. the file got been deleted completely from Coppermine)?

Some time ago, I also lost files mysteriously, but didn't loose any data from the database. As it was hosted on free web space I expected it were some kind of file system issues on that server. In your case I expect that something went wrong while transferring your files.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.