Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: update specific range of intermediate images  (Read 1955 times)

garypoet

• Coppermine newbie
update specific range of intermediate images
« on: November 24, 2011, 06:41:01 pm »

hi, i deleted all my intermediate images to free up disk space, and now can rebuild them. but as i have around 7000 images my webhost has a cpu limit which is hit when recreating the intermediates up to around the first 3000.

when the daily cpu limit is reset they have to be rebuilt from the beginning again as i cannot specify to start from where it left off before - so i never reach the end! is it possible to only update a range of intermediate images (eg. the next 3000?)

thanks in advance.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: update specific range of intermediate images
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 12:18:32 pm »

The most easiest way may be to re-create them album per album. Depending on the number of albums that may be an annoying task.

If you want to re-create all files, but want to start at file 3000, open util.php, find
Code: [Select]
$startpic = 0;and replace with
Code: [Select]
$startpic = 3000;inside the update_thumbs function.

It would also be possible to adjust the URL in the address bar of your browser. It will show something like
util.php?numpics=25&startpic=50&albumid=0&autorefresh=1&action=update_thumbs&updatetype=5&form_token=ea3576b6d9113d5ad318d20eeed15006&timestamp=1322219411#admin_tool_thumb_update
But as you need a working form_token / timestamp combination, it's a more tricky part than simply editing the above mentioned file.

garypoet

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 03:22:48 am »

thanks very much! it seems too work well - the images are updated although the file count doesn't quite match the appropriate images - but tweaking the numbers gets you there.

much appreciated.  :)

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 09:26:00 am »

Please
tag your answer as "solved" by clicking on the "Topic Solved" button on the bar at the left hand side at the bottom of your thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.