Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Increase keyword character limit  (Read 4673 times)

Walkinman

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • Skolai Images - Nature, Travel and Adventure stock photos
Increase keyword character limit
« on: November 26, 2011, 04:14:43 am »

hey Folks,

In response to this thread:

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,73899.msg356307.html#msg356307

I thought I'd post and see if someone might help explain this? I searched around for the answer to do this, but couldn't find the thread André mentions. What I want to do is increase the number of keywords cpg allows me to enter via the 'edit files' function. I use embedded IPTC data so the # of keywords I have per image is almost always greater than cpg allows me to edit, so I can't change anything without deleting some in the keywords box, which I don't want to do. I just want to be allowed to add more.

Any assistance is much appreciated.

Thank you.

Cheers

Carl

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Increase keyword character limit
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 11:27:10 am »

I searched around for the answer to do this, but couldn't find the thread André mentions.
I just found the thread in the German support board: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,73706.msg354951.html#msg354951

Translation:

1. In the database, increase the character limit for the column "keywords" in the table "pictures" (e.g. to "VARCHAR(512)").

2. Open edit_one_pic.php, find
Code: [Select]
<input type="text" style="width: 100%" name="keywords" maxlength="255" value="{$CURRENT_PIC['keywords']}" id="keywords" class="textinput" />and increase the value for "maxlength" (e.g. to 512):
<input type="text" style="width: 100%" name="keywords" maxlength="512" value="{$CURRENT_PIC['keywords']}" id="keywords" class="textinput" />
3. Open editpics.php, find
array($icon_array['keyword'] . $keywordLabel, 'keywords', 0, 255),and increase the last value (e.g. to 512):
array($icon_array['keyword'] . $keywordLabel, 'keywords', 0, 512),

Walkinman

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 12:57:04 am »

hey André

Ahh, great, thanks. I'll do that easily enough. Except the database part; tha's via phpMyAdmin correct? I'll have a look and see how I go.

Thanks again.

Cheers

Carl

Walkinman

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 03:57:18 am »

hey André

Got it, thanks so much.I didn't have to do anything in the database, I think I had actually already changed that in an earlier version of cpg, then lost the changes in the 2 files you specified below in an upgrade. So it's allowing me to change edit the keywords via "edit files" now.

Thanks so much for your help.

Cheers

Carl
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.