Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom field to store date and ability to check the date format  (Read 3102 times)

jimmym

• Coppermine newbie
Custom field to store date and ability to check the date format
« on: November 30, 2011, 03:32:37 am »

I’ve configured Custom field (Profile 4 name) for entering birthdate.  I’ve modified the register.php and register.js according to several forum postings http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,37086.0.html, http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,70390.msg344548.html#msg344548 and others...

I’m now stucked cos I’m not able to code logic for date format check in the register.js

I’ve made the Profile 4 name mandatory:
Code: [Select]
$form_data = array(
        array('label', $lang_register_php['required_info']),
        array('input', 'username', $icon_array['username'] . $lang_register_php['username'], 25),
        !empty($CONFIG['global_registration_pw']) ? array('password', 'global_registration_pw', $icon_array['password'] . $lang_register_php['global_registration_pw'], 25) : '',
        array('password', 'password', $icon_array['password'] . $lang_register_php['password']),
        array('password', 'password_verification', $icon_array['password'] . $lang_register_php['password_again']),
        array('input', 'email', $icon_array['email'] . $lang_register_php['email'], 255),
        !empty($CONFIG['user_profile1_name']) ? array('input', 'user_profile1', $icon_array['blank'] . $CONFIG['user_profile1_name'], 255) : '',
        !empty($CONFIG['user_profile2_name']) ? array('input', 'user_profile2', $icon_array['blank'] . $CONFIG['user_profile2_name'], 255) : '',
        !empty($CONFIG['user_profile3_name']) ? array('input', 'user_profile3', $icon_array['blank'] . $CONFIG['user_profile3_name'], 255) : '',
        !empty($CONFIG['user_profile4_name']) ? array('input', 'user_profile4', $icon_array['blank'] . $CONFIG['user_profile4_name'], 255) : '',
        array('label', $lang_register_php['optional_info'])
    );
    $optional_data = 0;

I’ve put in the error messages if the field is blank or entered with the incorrect format.  This is called by the register.js:
if ($element[1] == 'user_profile4') {
                $warning1 = '<div id="user_profile4_warning1" class="cpg_message_validation formFieldWarning" style="display:none;">';
                $warning1 .= 'The ' . $CONFIG['user_profile4_name'] . ' mustn\'t be empty!';
                $warning1 .= '</div>';
                $warning2 = '<div id="user_profile4_warning2" class="cpg_message_validation formFieldWarning" style="display:none;">';
                $warning2 .= 'The ' . $CONFIG['user_profile4_name'] . ' must be dd.mm.yyyy format! eg. 09.06.2006';
                $warning2 .= '</div>';
            }

I've changed this:
$profile4 = $superCage->post->getEscaped('user_profile4');
to this:
$profile4 = trim(get_post_var('user_profile4'));

I've added this to check the entered date.  This is in the function check_user_info(&$error) in the registered.php:
if ($profile4 != ' ') {
    $date_format = 'd.m.Y';
    $my_input = trim($profile4);
    $time = strtotime($my_input);
    $is_valid = date($date_format, $time) == $my_input;

if ($is_valid == '0') {
      $error .= '<li style="list-style-image:url(images/icons/stop.png)">Value \'' . $CONFIG['user_profile4_name'] . '\' must be in dd.mm.yyyy format! eg. 09.06.2006</li>';
      $error .= $is_valid;
     }
    }

In the registered.js I’ve added this but not working fully yet:
  if($('#user_profile4').val() == '') {
        $('#user_profile4_warning1').show();
        errors++;
    } else {
          if ($('#user_profile4').val().search(/^(0?[1-9])/(0?[1-9]/((19|20)\\d\\d)$/) == -1) {
            $('#user_profile4_warning2').show();
            errors++;
        }
    }

Here’s where I need help from the Java guru.  Could you help to provide the correct code to check the date format?

Thanks in advance.

jimmym

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Custom field to store date and ability to check the date format
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 03:42:05 am »

I've added this to check the entered date.  This is in the function check_user_info(&$error) in the registered.php:
if ($profile4 != ' ') {
    $date_format = 'd.m.Y';

if ($is_valid == '0') {
      $error .= '<li style="list-style-image:url(images/icons/stop.png)">Value \'' . $CONFIG['user_profile4_name'] . '\' must be in dd.mm.yyyy format! eg. 09.06.2006</li>';
      $error .= $is_valid;
     }
    }

In the registered.js I’ve added this but not working fully yet:
        errors++;
    } else {
          if ($('#user_profile4').val().search(/^(0?[1-9])/(0?[1-9]/((19|20)\\d\\d)$/) == -1) {
            errors++;
        }
    }

How to code the java logic for checking for date format d.m.Y  which I have in the registered.php?
if ($profile4 != ' ') {
    $date_format = 'd.m.Y';

if ($is_valid == '0') {
      $error .= $is_valid;
     }
    }

jimmym

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Custom field to store date and ability to check the date format
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 06:52:18 pm »

I've resolved my problem.  I basically change the regular expression to check the date format dd.mm.yyyy

As originally posted:
        errors++;
    } else {
            errors++;
        }
    }

Resolved by this:
        errors++;
    } else {
          if ($('#user_profile4').val().search(/^(((0[1-9]|[12]\d|3[01])[.](0[13578]|1[02])[.](([2-9]\d)\d{2}))|((0[1-9]|[12]\d|30)[.](0[13456789]|1[012])[.](([2-9]\d)\d{2}))|((0[1-9]|1\d|2[0-8])[.]02[.](([2-9]\d)\d{2}))|(29[.]02[.](([2-9]\d)(0[48]|[2468][048]|[13579][26])|(([2468][048]|[3579][26])00))))$/) == -1) {
            errors++;
        }
    }

I'm pretty happy about it. It work exactly as what I wanted.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.