Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Error codes?  (Read 3762 times)

hoser

• Coppermine newbie
Error codes?
« on: November 24, 2011, 02:03:50 pm »

What does this mean its in the debug info

Notices
/include/functions.inc.php

Notice line 5738: Undefined variable: language_array
    Notice line 4330: Undefined variable: result

/admin.php

Notice line 99: Undefined index: alb_desc_thumb
    Notice line 477: Undefined index: alb_desc_thumb

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Error codes?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 02:44:59 pm »

Please google for "PHP notices", read the docs or just disable them in the config.

hoser

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 07:01:13 pm »

Thanks for the reply.

I have no clue what you just said and have no idea what to do next.

I did google "PHP notices" and it has no relation to my problem that I can see if it does you need to explain what it is, I have not a single idea what any of the error means or what to do with it I will need step by step instructions to correct the problems, my gallery also no longer will properly "batch upload" files my next reply will include that set of errors I am getting.

Pretty sure all my problems started after the last upgrade.

Thanks again

hoser

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 07:25:52 pm »

After trying to batch load pics all the pics do not load up their is just a picture of a silver cylinder thing in their place at the bottom their is this error code

/include/functions.inc.php

Notice line 4330: Undefined variable: result

Thanks

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 07:49:04 pm »

Please keep your upload issue out of this thread, as we have a "one question per thread" rule.

I assume you have overlooked my link to the docs, so here again: http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/configuration.htm#admin_misc_debug_notices

hoser

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 09:56:26 pm »

Ok now I have the docs what am I suppose to do or look for?

If nobody knows what to do about the errors please just come out and say "I dont know cant help you"
I already have about 4 hours into trying to resolve this problem and have got no place.

Like I said before I have no clue I need direction pointing to the manual is worthless info since I have no clue where to start am I suppose to spend a few days reading the manual word for word in hopes something will jump out at me, sorry just dont understand and the frustration level from getting the run around has about reached my limits.

Sorry about the second question thing since its all related to the same problem "cant batch upload" or I assume it is remember I have no clue but anyways to please you I will start yet another thread and ask the same question AGAIN their perhaps it will attract someone that can help me.

thanks again

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 10:09:49 pm »

Third try: go to "Config - Maintenance settings - Display notices in debug mode" and disable that config option.

May be helpful to troubleshoot problems with your coppermine install - only recommended if you know a little PHP and you can understand the additional error messages this option shows. Notices being displayed don't actually mean that there is something wrong with your gallery. This option only applies if debug mode is enabled.

If you enable this option, you will see notices all over your coppermine-driven pages. This does not mean that there is actually something wrong with your install. As suggested above: leave notices_display off if it doesn't mean anything to you. In fact this can be considered a dev-only feature that merely exists to help the Coppermine dev team members to troublehsoot particular issues when coding.

The supporters on the Coppermine support board are not very keen to see posting where people complain that "funny output" resides on their gallery when it later turns out that the output they don't understand just is notices output, so if you have been sent here directly from a posting made by a supporter you should feel a little bit guilty for not reading first.

hoser

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2011, 10:39:44 pm »

I know how to turn on and off debug notices I turned the thing on per the instructions in the manual

"Enable debug mode
Default value: No
Recommended value: No
Database record name: debug_mode
: Maintenance settings → Enable debug mode

Coppermine will show error messages which are normally suppressed. This is helpful in troubleshooting problems with your gallery or when asking for help on the CPG Support Forums. Turn this feature off if you don't experience problems."

Notice this part ""This is helpful in troubleshooting problems with your gallery or when asking for help on the CPG Support Forums""

Thats why I TURNED IT ON I also turned it on because I have HAVING PROBLEMS

Did you notice this part again from the manual "Turn this feature off if you don't experience problems.""

Why would I turn it off when I am having problems?

According to you the manual is wrong?

hoser

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2011, 10:41:30 pm »

Locked my other post

WHY?

Never mind deleting coppermine and installing something that comes with support, sad deal been running CPG for more than 4 years

hoser

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2011, 10:45:31 pm »

Cant believe I wasted over 5 hours of my life trying to fix problems created by your upgrade then received NO SUPPORT other than a bunch of off the cuff cut and paste ideas that does not apply to any of my problems

hoser

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2011, 10:58:59 pm »

Ok coppermine has been deleted along with the 22k pictures I and users has uploaded to it over the years now you worthless admins of this site can delete my account here and delete all my post since they dont contain any useful information.

thanks for the NON support for the problems I came here seeking to resolve!

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2011, 11:09:39 pm »

You reported that you get those messages and asked what they mean. As they are usually meaningless I told you how to disables those messages. If you don't believe me it's your decision. Regarding your upload issue I already told you in your other thread what you have to do.

problems created by your upgrade
Strangely it works for all other people ::) If you think there's a problem with the gallery software you shouldn't behave the way you do and maybe should start to be cooperative.

coppermine has been deleted along with the 22k pictures
Congratulations. I don't know why it should bother us. As you may noticed Coppermine is maintained and supported by people who don't get anything for that work in their spare time.

you worthless admins of this site can delete my account here and delete all my post since they dont contain any useful information.
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,55415.msg270630.html#msg270630

As you got an answer to your initial question, please
tag your answer as "solved" by clicking on the "Topic Solved" button on the bar at the left hand side at the bottom of your thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 20 queries.