Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with database upgrade  (Read 4490 times)

vici

• Coppermine novice
Problems with database upgrade
« on: November 18, 2011, 02:42:42 pm »

Hello,

I have two major problems with my Coppermine Gallery.

1. Since it's very big (24 000 files) and has a database of 1034.75 MB, I cannot process the upgrade. I uploaded new files and ran an upgrade.php file but it looks like the time expired and I got a blank page. It looks like the Gallery wasn't upgraded because I still get warnings about the old version and the upgrade needed. What can I do?

The database is so big that sometimes I get warnings that the tables need to be repaired. When I login to phpMyAdmin it looks like it works fine again.

http://victoria-beckham.biz/photos/

2. There is also a problem with viewing files. I have a couple of settings for different user groups and my Anonymous users (not logged in) should be able to view pictures anyway. Unfortunately, they can't. Every time they click on the thumbnail, a single pic page loads very very long and in the end they get a blank page. What's funny, when I login as an Aministrator, I view the pics without any problems.

http://victoria-beckham.biz/photos/displayimage.php?pid=21998#top_display_media

Please, please help!

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Problems with database upgrade
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 11:27:28 am »

Please post only one question per thread next time.

it's very big (24 000 files) and has a database of 1034.75 MB
My gallery has about 80.000 files, but I never had an issue upgrading and updating my gallery. I wonder why your database is so huge. Either you have tons of comments, or you store detailed usage / vote statistics.

I still get warnings about the old version and the upgrade needed.
Please post the exact message and maybe a screen-shot, too.

The database is so big that sometimes I get warnings that the tables need to be repaired.
Afaik there's no relation between database size and the number of crashing tables.

Every time they click on the thumbnail, a single pic page loads very very long and in the end they get a blank page.
I cannot confirm that. When I follow your link, I get a critical error message (probably caused by the failed database update).

To solve your issues I suggest to fix each one step by step. So please post the exact error message and have a look at your database which tables contain the most data. For comparison: my database has a (gzip compressed dump) size of < 6MB and my biggest table is the pictures table with a size of < 11MB and > 80.000 rows.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.