Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smarty Integration?  (Read 2671 times)

dazzlera145

• Coppermine newbie
Smarty Integration?
« on: November 22, 2011, 10:59:20 am »

Hi,

I have an existing website www.justflockto.com which uses the Smarty template engine to produce the outputed HTML. I would like to implement Coppermne within the site and at the same time continue to use the Smarty engine rather than create a Coppermine theme that is identical to my site. The main reason why I want to use Smarty is that the existing pages contain headers that include meta tags based upon the users location and page content is generated for the users location.

So the questions I have are... is it possible to embed albums / upload etc in an existing page - perhaps by calling a coppermine PHP function?
can themes be turned off?
can smarty be used?

Anyhelp most appreciated.

Darren

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Smarty Integration?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 04:01:47 pm »

I don't know the Smarty template engine. If you want to embed content to external pages, you can use the CPMFetch plugin. I'm not sure what you expect if you "turn off" themes. The Coppermine theme engine has a fallback, which uses the defaults from include/themes.inc.php.

dazzlera145

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 04:50:25 pm »

Thanks for the reply Andre... I've google'd CPMFetch and it it looks like I could use this....Is there a homepage for this plugin? The URL http://www.fistfullofcode.com/projects/copperminefetch/ (got via a google search) doesn't seem to work for me!....also from the coppermine-gallery.net site I can find versions for CPM 1.4.x but not for 1.5.x  (I'm playing with the latest version btw ).

When I mean't turn themes off, I mean't stop the code that parses the theme from executing .... in hindsite I suspect it was a silly question.

Thanks for your help

Darren.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 05:07:32 pm »

you can download cpmFetch from the bottom of the first post in this thread, http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,35450.0.html

Then please read this thread to get it working in 1.5.14 http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,65412.0.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.