Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Duplicating & Isolating a Current Gallery  (Read 3045 times)

christophg

• Coppermine newbie
Duplicating & Isolating a Current Gallery
« on: November 01, 2011, 04:39:34 am »

Hello...

I've searched for this topic, but no results have come up. I hope this is the best category.
I have a current Joomla 1.6 installation in my Website and have duplicated the website, in order to create a "development" site. The duplicate website is in a new subdomain.

Coppermine is standalone and not bridged. I hae successfully duplicated Coppermine into the new subdomain, but can't figure out how to isolate the duplicate from the original. I went into the configuration and changed the path name, but this did not help.

When I enter an image into the duplicate site, the image does not show up in the original, but a place holder does. When I enter an image into the original site, the same thing happens in the duplicate. What configuration file needs to be changed in the duplicate, so that it is isolated from the original. I need the original and duplicate to be independent from each each, each having their own images, user and admin databases and passwords accordingly. I do not want to make a new installation.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks...Christoph

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • +Tinyportal Support team.
Re: Duplicating & Isolating a Current Gallery
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 09:05:26 am »

I'm assuming both are using the same database? that's why you're getting the place holders in your original install.   

Create a new database in your cPanel, then export your database tables from your original database using phpmyadmin, and import them into the new database.

Then in your root folder of your duplicate install,  go to include > config.inc.php file and change the details so it points to your new database.
Running SMF 2.1.4  / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25, plus cpmfetch 2.0.0

christophg

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 05:15:14 pm »

Hello...

Thanks for your immediate response, it is greatly appreciated.
Yes, the Coppermine created is a duplicate of the original, files and database.
I'm also new to cPanel and WHM (real New). Would it not be easier for me to figure out how to change the details in the duplicate Coppermine, residiing in the new Subdomain...?

Here is what I found in the config file:

<?php
// Coppermine configuration file
// MySQL configuration
$CONFIG['dbserver'] =                         'localhost';        // Your database server [I would leave this alone]
$CONFIG['dbuser'] =                         'gropax_copp1';        // Your mysql username [I would change this to gropak_copp1]
$CONFIG['dbpass'] =                         'XXXXXX';                // Your mysql password [I would change this]
$CONFIG['dbname'] =                         'gropax_copp1';        // Your mysql database name [I would change this to gropax_copp1]

// MySQL TABLE NAMES PREFIX
$CONFIG['TABLE_PREFIX'] =                'copp_'; [I would NOT change this

Thanks again for your help.

?>

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 05:29:29 pm »

Adjust the values in include/config.inc.php to match your new database setup. You might also want to read http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/export.htm#moving

christophg

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 06:06:28 pm »

Hello Andre...

Thank you much for your immediate reply and direction to the documentation. It's an excellent composition, and clear enough for me to understand. Instead of creating a new database and importing the original, I simply changed the pointers on the duplicated site in the subdomain, per my follow up question and your suggestion. Everything went very successfully.

On another note, will coppermine ever have a plug-in to integrate into Joomla!?
Thanks for your help...!

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 12:06:44 pm »

Instead of creating a new database and importing the original, I simply changed the pointers on the duplicated site in the subdomain, per my follow up question and your suggestion. Everything went very successfully.
Please
tag your answer as "solved" by clicking on the "Topic Solved" button on the bar at the left hand side at the bottom of your thread.

On another note, will coppermine ever have a plug-in to integrate into Joomla!?
10. One question per thread
We have a strict "One question/issue per thread rule", which helps both supporters/moderators to keep track of open/closed issues as well as users who search the board or browse it, looking for answers to their question.
3. Search the board
The search facility on the forums is probably your best friend when having a problem, there is a good chance that someone else has had the problem you are having and that a solution has been posted before, so to try and get an answer straight away use this tool. If at first you don't seem to find what you are looking for try again with different words.
You'll find some bridge contributions here.

christophg

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 02:22:22 am »

Thanks for your guidance...I'll check the "Solved."
Ah, I fully understand the benefit for one question per thread.
Your direction for the bridge is appreciated and will be followed...
Thanks again for all your help...
Christoph
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.