Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trying to install but won't connect to database  (Read 5279 times)

copiT

• Coppermine newbie
Trying to install but won't connect to database
« on: November 07, 2011, 03:13:55 pm »

Anyone had this befor or am I missing something - Where is the database name field?

See pic (attachment)

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Trying to install but won't connect to database
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 12:22:37 pm »

You can select the database in the next step. Alternatively try the classic installer.

Justinr

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 02:34:45 pm »

I'm another with database connection problems.

I have created a database but get the following error message -

MySQL error was : Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

The hosting company (Godaddy) basically tell me it's nothing to do with them but send me a connection string example anyway. In which file is this string? In my innocence I have been looking for a config file but can't find one.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 03:22:56 pm »

I assume that the MySQL server is not running.

The hosting company (Godaddy) basically tell me it's nothing to do with them but send me a connection string example anyway.
You don't have to search for that string in Coppermine, as it is an example string which you have to insert somewhere else. Just add that string to a new PHP file and you'll probably get the same error message. That's the proof that there's something wrong at GoDaddy.

As your issue differs from the initial issue this thread will be closed. If you need further support, please read the board rules and follow them before starting a new thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.