Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: video files don't show after upgrading from 1.5.14. to 1.5.16  (Read 5911 times)

baerdel

• Coppermine newbie
video files don't show after upgrading from 1.5.14. to 1.5.16
« on: October 31, 2011, 05:12:43 pm »

After upgrading from 1.5.14 to 1.5.16 I was informed by a reader that the video-files don't show anymore. This seems to be true independent of operating-system and browser.  :(

I found a work-around. If I use the file-information-button and then the direct-download link (Show file in standard-application), the videos (almost all are of type .mov; quicktime is installed) will play. But they don't play in the coppermine frame any more.

Any ideas?

Url: http://galerie.lutherschule.org

On the startpage there is a category "Videofilme" with quite some video-clips.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: video files don't show after upgrading from 1.5.14. to 1.5.16
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 05:47:59 pm »

This seems to be a never ending story :-\

But I assume it's not code related in your case, as we haven't changed relevant code parts for the video playback. Please check if one of those links work for you:
- http://lutherschule.macbay.de/coppermine/displayimage.php?pid=275
- http://pl15385.macbay.de/coppermine/displayimage.php?pid=275

baerdel

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 10:35:13 am »

The links (it is as a result one and the same link with an alias) work in so far that a Coppermine window opens with file description etc. But the embedded video does not play.
To make it play I have to use the direct link - http://pl15385.macbay.de/coppermine/albums/2005/video/mathe/einpark.mov - in this case.
Thank you for your efforts.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 11:24:56 am »

It doesn't make sense that it worked in cpg1.5.14 but doesn't work in cpg1.5.16. Are you absolutely sure it worked for you in cpg1.5.14 / you used cpg1.5.14 before the upgrade?

I'm not able to play embedded QuickTime files in neither cpg1.5.14 nor cpg1.5.16, but I'm not sure if I've installed all needed codecs and browser plugins.

Please create a second test gallery which runs cpg1.5.14 or temporarily downgrade your live gallery to confirm that the video playback works with that version.

baerdel

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 11:30:12 am »

I will do and communicate my experiences.
Thank you.

baerdel

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 12:30:27 pm »

Another idea. At about the same time that I upgraded to 1.5.16, my provider updated PHP to  5.2.17-pl0-gentoo. Maybe that's the culprit. I will install a test-gallery locally and on the web.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 12:45:05 pm »

The PHP update shouldn't cause that issue. There's probably something wrong with the generated HTML code, but it hasn't changed from cpg1.5.14 to cpg1.5.16.

baerdel

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 04:53:11 pm »

Oops, obviously I made a mistake in assuming that the update from 1.5.14 to 1.5.16 is the culprit. Sorry for that.

I installed a test-gallery in version 1.5.12 (http://lutherschule.macbay.de/cpmtest/index.php) that too does not show the video files without referring to the direct link (same problem as in the actual release).
The last video-file that was uploaded and did definitely show in coppermine was from august 2010. I updated the gallery regularly - so I had I probably 1.5.4 installed at that time.
I'll set up another test-galerie with 1.5.4 and the last version of 1.4. that I used.
If all these attempt fail I know that the problem is on my (providers) side. If I succeed in showing the video-files in one of the above mentioned versions of cpm, this maybe a help to find the bug in the html-output.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 08:15:26 pm »

It helps when you'll list all cpg1.5.x versions where the playback works as expected.

baerdel

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2011, 02:20:30 pm »

Will do!

baerdel

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2011, 04:05:10 pm »

I am a little bit confused now.
I went down to 1.5.8 because I am sure that I did not upgrade before.
I installed a test-gallery - upgraded form cpg1427 - hence the name - on the same server that hosts the live site. (http://lutherschule.macbay.de/cpg1427/index.php)
Photos are -as always - ok, but if I call a video I get the information that the video-plugin is missing with the usual link to the the site that hosts the plugin (Apples Quicktime in this case). This is definitely wrong, the proper codecs are installed under OS X and Windows XP. If I choose the direct link the video-clips play, as they should do.
So it looks, as if 1.5.8 shows a different behavior as 1.5.16 - it calls for a missing plugin instead of doing nothing, but it too does not embed the video into the coppermine gallery.
I will upload a .wmv to the Test-Gallery, but I think the problem will be the same.
Any ideas?
Thank's to all off you for developing this fine script.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2011, 12:02:06 pm »

The video playback has been patched several times in cpg1.5.x, as each fix caused another issue (e.g. the missing plugin issue). Please have a look at the changelog and/or bugs board for further information about that process. So it might not work in cpg1.5.8, but in cpg1.5.10, but again won't work in cpg1.5.12. That's why I ask you to tell me what happens in each cpg1.5.x version.

I recommend to use the Flash Media Player plugin for video playback to avoid the whole codec/plugin trouble. Your visitors needs the Flash plugin and maybe you'll have to recode and re-upload some/all of your video files.

baerdel

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2011, 06:31:41 pm »

I recommend to use the Flash Media Player plugin for video playback to avoid the whole codec/plugin trouble. Your visitors needs the Flash plugin and maybe you'll have to recode and re-upload some/all of your video files.

Did that. The flash media player works fine. I will use it for new videos and reencode the important ones and give advice for the other ones.
That you for that tip. My hope is that this solution will survive for – let's say – two years.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.