Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Duplicate Files  (Read 2073 times)

Larry Reese

• Coppermine newbie
Duplicate Files
« on: October 26, 2011, 08:59:38 pm »

Hello all,

Is there a quick and easy way to search and remove duplicate files?  I have 17000 images or thereabouts and a significant number of duplicates have crept in.  I know dupes need to be removed through coppermine to keep the database accurate (and not through FTP) but doing this manually is a huge hassle.  Is there a simpler way?  I searched the forums and only found scripts aimed at previous releases.

Thanks for any help,

Larry Reese

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Duplicate Files
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 10:17:48 am »

I searched the forums and only found scripts aimed at previous releases.

Please post the links to that threads, so we can adjust that scripts (if needed at all).

Larry Reese

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Duplicate Files
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 06:21:57 am »

Well, I appreciate your willingness to help Andre, but I can no longer find the threads I was referring to.  I searched the forums repeatedly and just could not find it.  It's clear in my memory though that someone had posted a script that would supposedly search the images and delete duplicates.  He mentioned he thought the upper limit in number of images was 25000 or 75000 images or something.  Anyway, many others had posted replies that, not being a coding guru, I could follow only in the basics. 

I don't understand why search didn't find it.  Anyway, I did it by hand, so I guess it's a non-issue right now.

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.