Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Category Images  (Read 2273 times)

typomaniac101

• Coppermine newbie
  • Keep Trying
    • Praise n Pray
Category Images
« on: October 24, 2011, 12:24:48 pm »

I was hesitant to make this post because I know it is something I'm missing but don't know what. How, on the home page do I get a thumb to display for a category? The url for the site is Praisenpray Ministries  The version I'm running is Photo Gallery v1.5.16 Great program.

I have searched high and low and can't figure this one out.

typomaniac101

• Coppermine newbie
  • Keep Trying
    • Praise n Pray
Re: Category Images
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 12:35:43 pm »

I need to add the fact that it is only appears to be in the default category the thumbs are not appearing as a category image.

AntonLargiader

• Coppermine novice
    • My Coppermine Album
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 02:20:06 pm »

From the manual:
"You can assign a thumbnail to the category only if you have an album with images nested directly within it. Therefore, when you create a new category, the option to set the category thumbnail will not be available. After creating at least one album and after uploading at least one file into that album, you can return to the category control panel, edit the category you want to assign a thumbnail to and then use the dropdown list to assign a category thumbnail. "

At which step is this not working?
My album:  www dot largiader dot com slash album

typomaniac101

• Coppermine newbie
  • Keep Trying
    • Praise n Pray
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 07:00:11 pm »

I have two alblums with images in the default category(the category where I can't get the thumb to show). The option to assign the thumbnail is not appearing. I created another category, and alblums for it and went to the category edit page and the option to display the category thumbnail was there. It is only in the default category I don't get the thumb option. I know its something I'm not catching here but I've been through the documentation files a dozen times/searched the forum but just can't figure it.
I named the default category "Ministries" and when you click on the text link it opens up a page with a thumbnail which needs to be clicked to get to the alblums.

typomaniac101

• Coppermine newbie
  • Keep Trying
    • Praise n Pray
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 07:19:05 pm »

I think I got it now. I deleted the alblums in the default category and now nothing displays on the index for that category and I'm content with that. Wasn't able to delete all the images but that's another time. As for now. Thanks.--------I will get this working. Have a great day.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 12:03:20 pm »

I guess when you say "default category" you mean the category where the personal galleries reside. This is a special category (that's why it disappears when empty) and I think that's the reason you cannot choose a category thumbnail, as that category usually just contains sub-categories.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.