Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Powered by Coppermine string  (Read 2779 times)

typomaniac101

• Coppermine newbie
  • Keep Trying
    • Praise n Pray
Powered by Coppermine string
« on: October 20, 2011, 02:35:08 am »

Hi, actually I have 3 questions on this one. The gallery is located at Praise n Pray Galleries
  • Was wondering if it would be okay to replace the Powered by Coppermine string with an image(which would still link to the site and actually be easier to see). If so, what file would I have to edit to do this. Couldn't do it from the themes/template file.
  • At the bottom of the page where the string appears there is a broken > tag. The string is broken into two links---one to Coppermine and the other to Simple Scripts so I'm not really sure (or even blaming anybody on that one but just want to fix it.
  • Don't know anything about bridging but understand the principle. Can Coppermine be bridged with MyBB?
Also, I want to thank everybody here not only for a great program but for all the help/support available.  I just got this installed and almost cone decorating and can't believe how easy it is to work with even not knowing php. In the future I intend to contribute to this one.

~ Have a great day,
Dave

typomaniac101

• Coppermine newbie
  • Keep Trying
    • Praise n Pray
Re: Powered by Coppermine string
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 10:30:59 am »

Found the open > tag and got it sealed. It followed a link to simple scripts and found it in the inc/themes.php file. Still curious about using an image linked back to the coppermine site in place of the text link.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 10:42:20 am »

Was wondering if it would be okay to replace the Powered by Coppermine string with an image(which would still link to the site and actually be easier to see). If so, what file would I have to edit to do this. Couldn't do it from the themes/template file.
http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/theme_copyright.htm

At the bottom of the page where the string appears there is a broken > tag. The string is broken into two links---one to Coppermine and the other to Simple Scripts so I'm not really sure (or even blaming anybody on that one but just want to fix it.
Found the open > tag and got it sealed. It followed a link to simple scripts and found it in the inc/themes.php file. Still curious about using an image linked back to the coppermine site in place of the text link.
That link doesn't exist in the standard Coppermine package, so I assume you either downloaded a modified version of Coppermine somewhere else or used an auto-installer. However, we don't support such installations.

Don't know anything about bridging but understand the principle. Can Coppermine be bridged with MyBB?
There's a bridge file for MyBB. Please read the bridging section in the docs if you need more information about bridging.

typomaniac101

• Coppermine newbie
  • Keep Trying
    • Praise n Pray
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 10:42:37 am »

Once again I'm apologizing for not having saw in the documentation what it says about displaying powered by coppermine. Even though it is not required I intend to have an image stating Powered By Coppermine and linking it back. I think it would be very disrespectful to the people who write/maintain this script as well as providing the support they do on the best photo gallery software.
Therefore, I not only apologize for my short sightedness but thank the people who make this script/support available.  :) :) :)

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 03:14:09 pm »

Please, I know you needed a response quickly but could you refrain from sending me email regarding Coppermine through any of my websites? I seem to get quite a few and I have a blanket policy of just ignoring them.

The team here will respond but at times we all just have to be patient. We all do this in our spare time when we can so answers may occasionally take a little longer than on some paid support boards.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.