Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with embedding coppermine  (Read 2953 times)

Larry Reese

• Coppermine newbie
Help with embedding coppermine
« on: October 12, 2011, 11:34:28 pm »

Hello,

Very new to all this, and do not have much experience with websites, etc..., but I have read through the documentation and FAQ, and searched the forum and cannot seem to find the answer I am looking for.  I have a website, www.thetravellersite.com, and will have coppermine installed in a sub-directory (/coppermine).  Is there a way I can embed different albums on different pages of the website?  Specifically, what I would like to do would be:

page W shows album A;
page X shows album B;
page Y shows album C;
page Z shows a random selection of 5 photos from each of the three albums (for a total of 15)

I may have embedding confused with "bridging" which I found in the forums, but that seems more complicated than what I am looking for.  I do not want visitors to have to log in to view the site or the photo albums, so it seems that bridging's focus on single sign on is not what I am after.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, and being understanding that not everyone is as savvy in these areas.  If I missed what I'm looking for elsewhere on the forum, I did search first, and did read the docs and FAQs.

Best regards,

Larry Reese

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Help with embedding coppermine
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 09:16:01 am »

I'm not quite sure if CPMFetch can do all of your requirement out of the box, but you should try this for a start (just search the board). If this won't work another option would be to create a theme without menus and then embed your gallery with an iframe.

Larry Reese

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 12:22:18 am »

Thanks Andre.  I've been looking at that (cpmfetch) but Vuud's website seems to be down.  Anyone else having that problem?  Where can I get the latest fetch if not from his site?

Thanks,

LR

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • +Tinyportal Support team.
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 12:47:04 am »

Running SMF 2.1.4  / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25, plus cpmfetch 2.0.0

Larry Reese

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 06:20:07 am »

Thanks for all the help guys.  After looking at the CPMFetch and all the other options, I think I'm going to try and make a go of it using iframes at this point.  I don't think it will give all the functionality that I'm after, but I don't have the coding skills for anything more at this point.  I'm going to click this as solved at this point, though I did add a new question elsewhere.

Thanks again,

LR
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.