Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Order My Albums inside of each Category - User vs. Administrator  (Read 2941 times)

scohen125

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • Retina Gallery
Order My Albums inside of each Category - User vs. Administrator
« on: September 06, 2011, 08:26:12 pm »

My Gallery is:

www.retinagallery.com

Inside of categories I would like the albums to be listed in alphabetical order.  Right now, if I create a new album as 'admin' I can put it in the proper place among all the other albums in the category in which it is created.  If I login as a 'user', I can only arrange the album in the category with respect to other albums uploaded by the user.  Albums uploaded to the category by other users do not show in the sort menu (album mangager).  Only the 'admin' login shows all albums in the album manager.  The 'user' login shows only that users albums.  Consequently, the albums on the site end up jumbled, even if each user tries to sort them.

Is there a way to automatically sort albums inside of categories alphabetically?  Alternatively, is there a way to allow 'users' to see all the albums in the category in their 'album manager' page so they can properly place their album among the other albums.

I have created a user with username: 'test' and password: 'test' so you can see what I mean.  If you login with that username and create an album in any of the categories, when, you go to sort the album you will only see your albums in the category, not those uploaded by other users.

The best solution would be to have an automatic alphabetical album sort inside of each category.

Thanks,
Steven

scohen125

• Retina Gallery
Re: Order My Albums inside of each Category - User vs. Administrator
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 09:12:54 pm »

Just found this from coppermine 1.3.x

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=10132.0

It was impossible to do what I'd like back then.  Is that still the case now? 

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

scohen125

• Retina Gallery
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 07:25:39 pm »

Thanks this worked.  I appreciate the help.  You and all the support programmers on the bulletin board are wonderful.

I'd like to mark this thread resolved.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 02:25:12 pm »

I'd like to mark this thread resolved.
you can tag your answer as "solved" by clicking on the "Topic Solved" button on the bar at the left hand side at the bottom of your thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.