Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Opposite direction of bridging with SMF  (Read 5437 times)

mitko

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • World of Lighthouses
Opposite direction of bridging with SMF
« on: September 28, 2011, 08:04:36 pm »

Hello, can you clarify please, is it possible to change direction of bridging somehow, i want to have Coppermine as main and SMF as secondary, so user, registered in Coppermine Gallery will be created in SMF and could post on the forum as well?

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
Re: Opposite direction of bridging with SMF
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 06:54:54 pm »

I'm sorry but that is not how bridging was designed.
http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/bridging.htm#integrating_bridge_purpose
When bridging is turned on, Coppermine drops the user management it comes with and uses the user management of the app you bridge with (i.e. your BBS app). Subsequently, your users will register and log in on your bridge app (BBS). After they do, they may be redirected to coppermine (if they came from coppermine's login page in the first place and your bridge app allows redirects).

Please remember to respect the board rules including reading the documentation and posting a link to you gallery. http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?index.php/topic,55415.0.html
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

mitko

• World of Lighthouses
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 03:30:03 pm »

Yep sorry, the address of gallery is http://www.lightphotos.net but i think i sort out the problem so this topic can be removed, thanks for advices.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 01:52:19 pm »

Threads remain
We don't delete threads if the request starter has found the answer he was looking for: the point of a support board is that questions and answers remain available for others with similar issues. For the benefit of others, threads don't get deleted.

Instead:
Resolve your threads
If you have found an answer to your question, resolve your thread. Don't just post "I have found the answer", but tell others what you actually did to solve your issues. Posting a link to the page where you found the answer might help. Describing what you did might help as well. Finally, you can tag your answer as "solved" by clicking on the "Topic Solved" button on the bar at the left hand side at the bottom of your thread.

mitko

• World of Lighthouses
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 08:12:53 pm »

OK, the solution was in fact standard one. I didn't realise bridging concept, so after i bridged forum and gallery and kept gallery page as main page of the site, i found that Login/Logout commands are automatically redirecting to forum, so everything worked fine just i wanted to have.
The bridging was made in few clicks just as described in manual.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 10:19:13 am »

Please
tag your answer as "solved" by clicking on the "Topic Solved" button on the bar at the left hand side at the bottom of your thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.