Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple Upload Issue with Chinese Characters Folder Name  (Read 6797 times)

ACDS2

• Coppermine newbie
Multiple Upload Issue with Chinese Characters Folder Name
« on: September 22, 2011, 03:22:22 am »

Hello.

I am using trhis great gallery-ware for some work photos, though I am having a problem with Multiple Upload with Folders with Chinese(Simplified Chinese, GB2312) names.

The problem is when you put some folders with Chinese name, the page displaying albums and its subfolders will show Chinese Folder Names as illegible ( it's like when you use wrong encoding displaying a page/database).

I checked the language files and found there is no GB2312 lang file or setting, there is a Chinese Simplified(euc) but it won't work for my case.

So is there any patch or trick to make Folder Names display correctly? so I can use Multiple Upload to make things easier.

Thanks in advance.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Multiple Upload Issue with Chinese Characters Folder Name
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 11:03:31 am »

Multiple Upload
I assume you're talking about the batch-add feature, as all other upload methods won't create such folders, right?

ACDS2

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Re: Multiple Upload Issue with Chinese Characters Folder Name
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 11:31:47 am »

I assume you're talking about the batch-add feature, as all other upload methods won't create such folders, right?
yea, I don't know what exact name of the feature.

To elaborate, there are 3 uploads in "stock" coppermine:

1. single file upload
2. multiple file upload( flash based)
3. batch file

The one i am talking about is 3rd one, it lists all subfolders in albums folder, my problem is it lists all Chinese Folder names as illegible characters(more like wrong encoding characters), so it's impossible to tell which folder to upload or to name the uploaded albums.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 11:52:19 am »

It's recommended to use only alphanumeric characters and underscores, just for that reason. Rename your folders accordingly and everything should work as expected.

ACDS2

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Re: Multiple Upload Issue with Chinese Characters Folder Name
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 07:48:19 am »

It's recommended to use only alphanumeric characters and underscores, just for that reason. Rename your folders accordingly and everything should work as expected.
Thanks for the hint, but is there any way to work around it, cause it's not trivial task to rename a lot of foldernames into something understandable in alphanumeric characters.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 04:13:22 pm »

In my opinion the folder names don't have to be understandable, as your users usually will never see them. Coppermine has a built-in transliteration engine that replaces all non-alphanumeric characters to their alphanumeric equivalents where possible. So if you don't want to rename your folders manually, we could write a simple script for that task.

If you want to keep your folder names you're on your own. But if you find a solution you might want to consider to share it with the community.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.