Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Final Extract Plugin Problem  (Read 3757 times)

RockyL

• Coppermine newbie
Final Extract Plugin Problem
« on: September 28, 2011, 01:38:36 pm »

I am a new user of Coppermine, but I have read the documentation and searched this forum, and cannot find an answer to this problem.  I installed the FinalExtract plugin, and tried to set the parameters so that guests do not have the Album List and Search options, but I thought I maintained the display for "home" and "logon" so I can log on as the Administrator if logged off.  After ticking the boxes correctly and logging out, I find that I can see two fields that I did not want displayed (Album List and Search) and cannot find the "Home" or "Logon" fields.  Now I cannot log on.  I need to know how to find a way to logon manually (that is, what link should I follow to log on?) and also now to get the Final Extract Plugin to work as designed.  I know I ticked the correct boxes, but what I asked it to do and what it is doing are different.

http://www.bootedman.com/galleries/   

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Final Extract Plugin Problem
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 02:20:39 pm »

If you remove the login button for guests and log yourself off, then you're a guest at that moment and hence won't see that button. You can find the login form here: http://www.bootedman.com/galleries/login.php

RockyL

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 03:51:13 pm »

Thank you.  I was doing it backwards. I thought the boxes that you ticked when setting up the Plugin would have its feature shown in the final output and the features that were not ticked would not be shown.  However, I learned that the opposite is true.  It is the boxes that you do not tick that are not shown in the final output if not controlled otherwise by the Config features. 

Thank you for the link to the logon. I was able to get back into it as the Administrator and fix it. 

It seems that logic is reversed in how this plugin works, so if that can be explained in the Plugin's documentation, that would be helpful.  (If instructions are there, I didn't see an explanation about what ticking a box produces.  Not in "readme" file.)  Thanks again, problem resolved.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 04:58:18 pm »

Please
tag your answer as "solved" by clicking on the "Topic Solved" button on the bar at the left hand side at the bottom of your thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.