Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Member forbidden message  (Read 6208 times)

Julia1

• Coppermine newbie
Member forbidden message
« on: September 18, 2011, 09:00:21 pm »

Hello

One of our users keeps getting a 'forbidden' message each time she tries to enter the gallery.  I then attempte4d to reset her password or see what the problem was to try and help her.  I 'searched' for her username and I got the same forbidden message.  Next I found her by sorting the members and reset her password, but that didn't work.  Lastly, I changed her username around a little bit by removing the space between her first and last name (fake name) and it's still giving us the same message.

I was going to register again with a slight variation of her name but decided to come here and see if you can help.

I already clicked the box for the ban users to see if somehow she got in that group, but no she's not.

Can you help?

Julia1

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Member forbidden message
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 10:26:12 pm »

Hello
I went back in and changed her username totally and it was OK, so now I have it changed back to what her original name was and I get that forbidden 404 not allowed again.  So I know somehow her name got banned accidentally, but I can't find anyplace in the gallery where it is.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 01:21:02 pm »

Please enable the debug mode for all users and then post the complete error message.

Julia1

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 04:25:37 pm »

I have enabled the debug mode for all users.

here is the message.  Thank you

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /gallery/usermgr.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 04:29:21 pm »

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /gallery/usermgr.php on this server.
Don't try to access the user manager / member list if the user doesn't have sufficient permissions.

Julia1

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 05:03:52 pm »

She is a registered member for the longest time.  Has viewed the gallery and uploaded a few images.  all of a sudden she cannot access, she gets that message.  What other permission do I give her?  She has the same permissions everybody else has.  She can view, upload, edit her images.  I don't have separate permissions for anybody but me, the admin.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 06:09:31 pm »

So you get exactly that error message regardless of which page you want to access?

Julia1

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 06:43:03 pm »

I got that message above when I was signed in as an admin and I did a search for her in the little box under the users list.

Then just now I signed in as her with her username and her password and I got this message.

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /gallery/login.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

She has now re-registered under a new, completely different username and she's fine.  Should I just delete that old username and forget about it since it's not happening to any other member?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011, 10:02:15 pm »

It doesn't make sense that it's account-related, but if it works now it was maybe just a temporary issue.

Julia1

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2011, 10:33:16 pm »

It doesn't work now.  It won't work under the username that says 'forbidden' etc.

Just wanted to find out why that would happen when I didn't do anything with that members name to make anything like this happen.  neither did she. 

The member had to register again under another username.

Thanks, going to delete that members username now because it can't be fixed.  Hopefully it won't happen with other members usernames.

thank you

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.