Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Goups permissions after bridging with phpbb3  (Read 4242 times)

Barterbly

• Coppermine newbie
Goups permissions after bridging with phpbb3
« on: September 18, 2011, 02:02:18 am »

Welcome!

I have problem with my gallery (or maybe question). We install Coppermine Gallery 1.5.16 and succesfully bridged it with our phpbb3 instalation. It is post-based bridge. We have groups the same in Coppermine that we have on forum. But here is the problem. We have some additional groups and users belongs to more than 1 group. For example user_1 can belong to administrators and skypredict groups, but skypredict is the default group. But this user_1 don't have administrative permissions in gallery. I want to make 2 groups as administrators in gallery, because this users can manage all the gallery.

Second problem is that i want to make some groups enabled, to accept the new sended files. For example moderators and lowcy burz groups can accept new files. I want them also to have controll on comments, editing infos about sended files e.t.c. Is there any solution of this problems?

(sorry for my english)

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Goups permissions after bridging with phpbb3
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 12:34:34 pm »

I want to make 2 groups as administrators in gallery
Open bridge/phpbb3.inc.php, find
$this->admingroups = array(5);
and adjust the array so it matches the group ids.

Second problem is that i want to make some groups enabled, to accept the new sended files. For example moderators and lowcy burz groups can accept new files. I want them also to have controll on comments, editing infos about sended files e.t.c. Is there any solution of this problems?
That are privileges of the administrator group(s). If you want to grant that permissions to non-admin groups, you'll have to change a lot of code.

Barterbly

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Goups permissions after bridging with phpbb3
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 10:38:40 pm »

For now I will stay with solution that you wrote. I'll change array ( array=(4, 5, etc.); ) to give this groups admin privileges. For prevention I can delete those groups 'Settings' menu by cheking groups id in theme settings for menu. I know, that they can access setting if they have the direct link. But I want to delete this from menu to prevent accidental changes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.