Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question for gallery  (Read 4032 times)

Julia1

• Coppermine newbie
Question for gallery
« on: September 12, 2011, 10:29:22 pm »

Hello

Can you please answer 2 questions for me.

1.  Is it possible to remove the 'users' gallery.  when my gallery was set up I have it set for the main gallery where I set up many albums for members to add their images.  I wasn't realizing until recently that members were also setting up their own user gallery and I don't want that.  So, I'd like to know if I can either hide that option or set it so they can't upload to the users gallery.  If so, please tell me step by step how to do that.

2.  As of now when you click the tab on my forum to go into the coppermine gallery, the first thing you see is :  Category and under that you see User galleries and under that is:  This category contains albums that belong to Coppermine users.

then under that the next category is the one I set up as the main category and it's named.  Under that it says "test".  How can I get rid of the word "test"?

Thank you in advance for answering my questions.

2.  In the main gallery where I have all my albums, so some reason it was set up it says "test". 

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Question for gallery
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 09:56:59 am »

Can you please answer 2 questions for me.
10. One question per thread
We have a strict "One question/issue per thread rule", which helps both supporters/moderators to keep track of open/closed issues as well as users who search the board or browse it, looking for answers to their question.

1.  Is it possible to remove the 'users' gallery.  when my gallery was set up I have it set for the main gallery where I set up many albums for members to add their images.  I wasn't realizing until recently that members were also setting up their own user gallery and I don't want that.  So, I'd like to know if I can either hide that option or set it so they can't upload to the users gallery.  If so, please tell me step by step how to do that.
Set the permissions in the group manager accordingly.

2.  As of now when you click the tab on my forum to go into the coppermine gallery, the first thing you see is :  Category and under that you see User galleries and under that is:  This category contains albums that belong to Coppermine users.

then under that the next category is the one I set up as the main category and it's named.  Under that it says "test".  How can I get rid of the word "test"?
Remove the description in the category manager.

Next time please respect our board rules when/before you're posting, as you followed almost none of them. Thank you.

Julia1

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 05:18:03 am »

I have successfully changed the settings to not allow users to create albums in the user gallery and I was also able to see where I can change the description of the category.  So, "test" is gone and the proper description now replaces it.

Thank you

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 10:10:16 am »

Please
tag your answer as "solved" by clicking on the "Topic Solved" button on the bar at the left hand side at the bottom of your thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.