Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Calender Printing Service  (Read 6087 times)

Goanna

• Coppermine newbie
Calender Printing Service
« on: February 21, 2004, 02:24:03 am »

First off, I would like to say that Coppermine is an awesome application. I was looking around, and I was almost ready to shell out the cash for Photopost PHP Pro, and then I saw this.

It has the same look and feel as photopost PHP, but I actually like this better. The features are almost the same, and the install is even easier. (I have used photopost before on someone elses site).

I woudl like to see one of the features of photopost brought over to Coppermine though. In photopost there is a Calender Printing Feature that allows you to select 13 photos and it will then let you print those photos into a flip type calender.

This feature would be great for my needs right now, as I am installing the photo gallery for a pet store, and if the customers were able to look over all the animals (including their own animals) and make a calender, I think that would be a nice feature.

Has anyone been working on this? I didnt see it listed anywhere, so I am hoping someone may consider takign on the project. I would offer some assistance, but I am just learning PHP and probably could not provide much help.

(I could provide the files from photopost that are responsible for calender printing if that helps).

Goanna

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2004, 10:22:59 pm »

Just bumping this to see if anyone here would like to see this feature implemented as well.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2004, 07:16:15 am »

looking into Photopost's code (which is not open source under GPL, but commercial software) would in this case mean actually stealing the code from Photopost - that's a no-no for open source developers!

To accomplish what you're requesting, there have to be made some modifications to the way coppermine handles favorites (which are currently stored locally in a cookie). They have to be stored server-sided in the database (enabling a lightbox or shopping basket function as well). Afaik Tarique's working on the task to enable coppermine to handle server-sided favorites. Like I said, this is a pre-requisite for your suggested calendar-mod, so I suggest you watch the board for an annpuncement of the server-sided favorites and then bump on this thread again...

GauGau

Goanna

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2004, 05:04:28 pm »

Quote from: "gaugau"
looking into Photopost's code (which is not open source under GPL, but commercial software) would in this case mean actually stealing the code from Photopost - that's a no-no for open source developers!

To accomplish what you're requesting, there have to be made some modifications to the way coppermine handles favorites (which are currently stored locally in a cookie). They have to be stored server-sided in the database (enabling a lightbox or shopping basket function as well). Afaik Tarique's working on the task to enable coppermine to handle server-sided favorites. Like I said, this is a pre-requisite for your suggested calendar-mod, so I suggest you watch the board for an annpuncement of the server-sided favorites and then bump on this thread again...

GauGau

Thanks for the update, will do!

Goanna

Goanna

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Calender Printing Service
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2004, 10:31:51 pm »

Well, its been a while since I have been here and was just wondering if anyone has considered making a calendar printing module yet.

Is that Server-Sided favorites feature that was mentioned above complete yet? I tried doing a search, but this was the only thread that mentioned it.

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2004, 03:08:01 am »

AFAIK, server side favs will be in 1.4. 

The calendar is nice idea, but would be a lower priority for development in Coppermine than other needed features.  I wouldn't expect it in the near future unless someone is working on one and makes it into a mod.
"Then, Fletch," that bright creature said to him, and the voice was very kind, "let's begin with level flight . . . ."

-Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

(http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/buttons/getfirefox_small.png)

fordman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2004, 08:10:03 pm »

I use Coppermine on my site, but I also use "Gallery". It actually has Shutterfly.com (and a few more) integration in it. I would say to stop using this program, I like it a lot. But, this may be what you are looking for until Coppermine get online photo printing integration.

http://gallery.menalto.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=index. It is on Sourceforge as well.

Good Luck! ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.