Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sort items by camera serial number contained in the EXIF?  (Read 1822 times)

theseeker

• Coppermine newbie
Sort items by camera serial number contained in the EXIF?
« on: September 10, 2011, 04:26:37 pm »

Dear friends,

I am a freelance photographer based in Athens, Greece. Recently my Canon EOS 5D Mark II got stolen here. I am trying to locate it using various methods, both electronic and physical. There is a big photo portal in Greece, www.dpgr.gr, where I suspect photos with my camera may appear at some point by some ignorant buyer of my camera. It uses coppermine galleries and I happen to know the administrators. I was wondering if it would be possible to scan those galleries by s/n in order to locate pictures carrying the s/n of my stolen camera. The serial no. tag exists in the EXIF of many jpegs. The link for those galleries is http://www.dpgr.gr/usergalleries/index.php?cat=1.

I would deeply appreciate any help.

Best,

Giorgos Doganis
www.giorgosdoganis.com

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Sort items by camera serial number contained in the EXIF?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 02:36:14 pm »

When Coppermine reads the EXIF data it is copied to the exif table in the database. If you want to search for your serial number you should query that table. But I'm currently not sure if that data is read at all.

theseeker

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Sort items by camera serial number contained in the EXIF?
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 03:43:15 pm »

Thanks a lot, I'll contact the admins and see what can be done.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.