Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two questions..  (Read 4063 times)

SpyderbyteGraphX

• Coppermine newbie
Two questions..
« on: June 26, 2004, 02:15:00 am »

I DO apologize if this is the wrong section to post in, but I DID take a look elsewhere just in case someone asked this already... Anywho here goes.. [bear with me, I'm pretty new]

1. You might want to go to www.spyderbyte.ca/gallery so you can see and refer to it, if necessary...

2. I have created some albums, but I mainly want JUST one.. for ALL wallpaper submissions, including my own, but the gallery seems split, still and I see a users galleries [not what I wanted or is that default and cannot be changed?] So since creation of these albums I tried deleting the "other" ones I had previously made, and thought I *did* delete, but somewhere, in some configuration I must have missed it..? To clarify, I want just one gallery, in one category for everyone [myself included] to submit/upload wallpapers to. If you look on my gallery, when you click on "ALBUM LIST" you'll see one category [I believe] and one sub-category?... There's also a User's Gallery link below that.. How can I rid of all that so there's just one? [I apologize if I'm speaking redundantly/repetitively lol]... I just want to ensure I'm making sense and anyone who reads this gets the entire picture hehe..

3. To test my regular users upload abilities, I signed up with a test name and tried uploading, but no matter how many times I create/adjust/etc galleries for them to upload TO, it STILLL tells me there's no album to upload to.. As far as permissions, etc I've scoured my galleries for weeks now looking for something I may have overlooked to no avail. Strangely SOME users have no probs uploading, but others DO.. err.. Somehow, somewhere I must have set permissions wrong but as far as I can tell, it's all smooth [I even had another admin I "hired" take a look] ..

If someone is willing to help I can give them complete access to my galleries so they can take a proper look. I suspect my problem is 99% my fault ..LOL.. I just want to know what it is because it's driving me nuts.

MANY MANY MANY thanks in advance! 

ps: wonderful, absolutely slick, fast loading uncomplicated software.

pps: Feel free to add me to your MSN Messenger [if you have it] so we can talk there. [if that's easier]
spyderbytegraphx@hotmail.com
« Last Edit: June 26, 2004, 02:21:01 am by SpyderbyteGraphX »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Two questions..
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2004, 06:26:47 am »

• Set "Users can have private albums" to "Yes" in Coppermine config (in fact it doesn't do only what it says, but it also enables you to set permissions on albums)
  • In "groups" from the coppermine admin menu, choose "No" for "Can have a personal gallery" (do so for all groups) - this way, the user galleries will dissappear
  • still in groups, set "Can upload files" to yes for your registered group (or whatever group you want to be able to upload to your public galleries)
  • If the user galleries are still there, this means some users already have created a user gallery for them and/or uploaded pics there. Delete both the uploaded files and the albums inside the user galleries (using the "delete" button next to the album thumbnails)
  • Albums won't necessarily need a category to hold them, move your albums to the root category (using the "properties" button next to the album thumbnail to edit and then the dropdown field "Album category" - choose "*no category*" there).
  • To enable users to actually upload to a special album, set "Visitors can upload files" to "yes" when editing the album properties. Visitors does in this case mean "all those users belonging to groups with upload permissions you set in step 3)
  • Create a test user account for you and test-drive evrything
GauGau

P.S. We have a policy of "One question per thread" on this board, so in the future I'd appreciate if you did so and posted only one question at a time. Also, please use better subject lines that roughly say what your question is about, as it's little surprise that users post questions at all on the support board, making your subject line somewhat useless.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.