Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: server permission for player.swf for Flash_Media_Player  (Read 8537 times)

KHAGA

• Coppermine newbie
server permission for player.swf for Flash_Media_Player
« on: August 31, 2011, 03:11:19 pm »

hello, I just moved a CPG 1.5.14 installation (new install) to a new web hosting company, and I have Flash_Media_Player 1.9 plugin installed.

For some reason, I am getting a permission issue on the new server regarding access to the player.swf file in the plugin directory, and I can't figure out what needs to change on the server.  Here is the error:
------------------
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /media/plugins/flash_media_player/player.swf on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.19 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.19 OpenSSL/0.9.8r DAV/2 mod_fcgid/2.3.6 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.leesvilleband.org Port 80
------------------

Here is a link to the gallery:  http://www.leesvilleband.org/media/

I have tried setting CHMOD to 755 and 777 (trying anything...) for the plugin and albums directory and all files - no success.  MIME types are set ok, but this appears to be something else.  I also don't have any .htaccess files in the way of this gallery to cause an issue...

I have verified the video files are all working - this was a working site that simply got migrated to a new server.  It just appears to be some access/permission issue on the new server.  Any ideas on what to go fix are much appreciated!

Thank you!

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

KHAGA

• Coppermine newbie
Re: server permission for player.swf for Flash_Media_Player
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 05:23:16 pm »

Indeed - you are right!!  Thank you.

I changed the URL Config in the CPG panel to include the WWW and now I have the opposite problem (duh...).

I went into my Cpanel and tried to add a redirect of LeesvilleBand.org/media to www.LeesvilleBand.org/media and it gave me an error - said this would create a circular reference.

Do I need to fix this in my host config (.htaccess) or is this something that I set somewhere in CPG - to handle both situations?

Thanks again for all your hard and excellent work on this great package!

KHAGA

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 05:40:58 pm »

OK - problem solved.  I found a sample .HTACCESS file and it worked beautifully... web hosting 101... sigh

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 06:42:46 pm »

Resolve your threads
If you have found an answer to your question, resolve your thread. Don't just post "I have found the answer", but tell others what you actually did to solve your issues. Posting a link to the page where you found the answer might help. Describing what you did might help as well. Finally, you can tag your answer as "solved" by clicking on the "Topic Solved" button on the bar at the left hand side at the bottom of your thread.

An .htaccess file example for the redirect rule can be found in our docs: http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/bridging.htm#integrating_subdomain_www

KHAGA

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 08:07:38 pm »

OK - problem solved.  I found a sample .HTACCESS file and it worked beautifully... web hosting 101... sigh

I used the redirect code found in this sample:
http://www.projectamplify.com/redirect-non-www-to-www.html

This simply takes an URL path without a "www" and redirects it to the equivalent path with the "www." appended to the front of the URL.

The Apache error being received about a permission issue with player.swf was deceiving and wasteful, since I had run across many threads on MOD_SECURITY issues on HostGator, which is my provider.  I was distracted for hours on this... I'm glad it was much simpler to resolve.

I would think this redirect should be in place for most standard websites.

Thanks again - TOPIC SOLVED and so noted.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.