Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Streaming Video within CPG  (Read 3095 times)

fatsodoctor

• Coppermine newbie
Streaming Video within CPG
« on: August 22, 2011, 09:50:13 pm »

For years I ran a video gallery using CPG 1.4.  Recently adopted a new machine, and I can't get Coppermine 1.5 to run streamed video within the main photo-display window.  The old system has no problem.

The installation of CPG that I'm trying to kick into operability is 1.5, running within a MAMP environment on a OSX 10.7 Mac.  FFMPEG is not installed (and I'll be thrilled if this is the problem).

My gallery is only for video.  I upload a reference movie and manually create a thumbnail which I load manually into the albums folder.  CPG 1.5 doesn't mind uploading the reference movie.  And it properly displays the manually-created thumbnail.

But it won't stream the video into the photo-window.  The "Play the file in your standard application" link at the bottom of the viewing page works just fine.  But the old system streamed the video directly into the photo place-holder, and I'd like to replicate that with the new installation.

Any idea why 1.5 wouldn't stream video directly into the photo-viewing pane?  (Must ffmpeg be installed to make this happen?)

fatsodoctor

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Streaming Video within CPG
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 03:00:04 pm »

My mistake on the version I'm using.  I AM trying to get Gallery3 to work.

fatsodoctor

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 08:05:49 pm »

Sigh.  Too many simultaneous tasks.  Yes, I'm not only trying to get Gallery3 to do the same thing, I can't find a way to edit my previous posts.  Apologies to everyone for very clumsy use of Coppermine's forum.  If anyone's still got a hint about getting streaming video embedded in Coppermine, please do contact me.

For the record, Gallery3 behaves exactly like Coppermine in this respect.  An extra click will stream the movie in a new window, but there seems to be no way to embed the stream in Gallery.

Zenphoto, on the other hand, gives me exactly the kind of embedded stream I need.  But Zenphoto has other limitations.

I'm going to slink away now.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 07:30:49 pm »

Please post a link to your gallery, ideally a link to a video file that doesn't work as expected. Additionally you might want to try the "Flash Media Player"-Plugin.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.