Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't upload pictures.  (Read 4162 times)

gajinoz

• Coppermine newbie
Can't upload pictures.
« on: August 14, 2011, 07:20:50 am »

I have just installed coppermine and, while logged in as admin, I can't upload a picture. Tells me it can't create thumbnails. what is happening?

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • evj art and photography
Re: Can't upload pictures.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 07:45:39 am »

Three things you may want to try..

1) Check permissions on your Coppermine folders... make sure it is writable
2) Make sure you have selected the right option in Config (ImageMagick or GD2). You will need to provide a proper path for ImageMagick,
3) Download a fresh copy of Coppermine and copy the files over your installation... make sure you save your config.inc.php file... proceed as you would any upgrade.

Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

gajinoz

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 07:53:02 am »

Where do I supply a path to imagemagik. I can see two places in the config where I can specify thumbnail parameters but nothing about any filepaths. Please tell me which option I should be looking at.

gajinoz

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 07:56:40 am »

Ahhh.. scratch that, just found it. I'm not familiar with imagemagik, what do I need to do with that?

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • evj art and photography
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 08:22:42 am »

All of this is really in the documentation... but click on the help button in Config next to that item.  Check with your host as to whether or not they offer ImageMagick and what the path might be.  That's something that none of moderators here can tell you (also in the faqs and docs).
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 11:05:59 am »

Use GD2 if you have trouble with ImageMagick.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.