Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nested Categories and Thumbnails  (Read 2381 times)

Fabrian

• Coppermine frequent poster
Nested Categories and Thumbnails
« on: August 13, 2011, 03:50:30 am »

Ok, so question #2 today (hopefully I posted this in the relevant forum).  I have 4 categories nested under a main category.  I see that I can add thumbnails to the nested category titles that contain albums, but there seems to be no way to add a thumbnail to the main category which only contains the 4 nested categories. 

I'm trying to figure out if this is the norm - in other words, can a top level category which has no albums directly below it display a thumbnail?  If not, is there a way to do so?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Nested Categories and Thumbnails
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 11:26:51 am »

No category thumbnail for user galleries and categories that don't contain albums with pics in it, but only sub-categories

So no, that's not possible by default. We had some discussion here in the board, but I cannot remember if somebody released a workaround for that issue or not. Please try to find that thread(s) by using the board search.

Fabrian

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 03:04:57 pm »

Ok, thank you. I did search but didn't find a related thread. I'll try searching some more. I wonder if there could be a plugin/mod to set permission to not see an album on the front end but only allow a single image to display for the top level category thumbnail.

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • evj art and photography
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 01:52:26 am »

I'm really foggy on this one too... but I think the work around was to move an existing album into the category temporarily... assign the picture.. then move the album out.
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

Fabrian

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 06:50:59 am »

I'm really foggy on this one too... but I think the work around was to move an existing album into the category temporarily... assign the picture.. then move the album out.

Thank you for the suggestion - I gave it a try, but the thumbnail didn't stay after the album was moved.  Again, thanks for trying to help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.