Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to make Desciption & Keywords the same for bulk upload?  (Read 5412 times)

deonholt

• Coppermine newbie

Hi all and thank you for your help.

If I have a lot of pictures which will all have the same Title, Description & Keywords, how do I go by to fill it in once and it will work for all pictures?

Thank you so long.

Deon

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: How to make Desciption & Keywords the same for bulk upload?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 10:59:07 am »

There's a plugin that can fill the keywords for you: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,70360.0.html

For title/description there's no plugin afaik. If you know your way around with SQL you could change that directly in your database.

deonholt

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 11:35:27 am »

Thank you, Andre.

I will certainly give it a try.  ;)

Deon

DenisG

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 01:19:04 pm »

Hi Deon.

Check in Config>File Settings and enure you have the "Read IPTC data from JPEG files" box ticked.

I'm no genius with Coppermine but if you use Photoshop or Lightroom then all 3 can be done at the same time for all pictures. Put all the pics you wish to upload into a seperate folder and in PS5 Bridge I "Selct All" and key in the keywords from the Keyword tab. Make any new keywords as you go. Coppermine gives you the opportunity to link files to other albums by giving each album its own keyword of your choice and I always use this/those keywords first.

Once you have done the keyword allocations, go to the Metadata tab and the left hand column should open in it's own metadata tab. On the main menu, choose Tools>Create Metadata Template. At the very top, give the template a name for this batch of photos. Under the "ITPC (IIM, Legacy)" heading, use the "Document Title" field for the title of your photos and "Description" field for the description for the photo's. Once done, click "Save".On the main menu click Edit>Select All. Again, on the main menu sect Tools>Replace Metadata> and choose the name you gave to the template. All the selected photos will now have the same IPTC data applied.

While still in the metadata tab, left hand column, you should be able to click on any of the photos and see the info. If it's not showing there, in Bridge choose Edit>Preferences>Metadata and scroll down to "ITPC (IIM, Legacy)" and tick the boxes for Document Title, Keywords and Descripton then "OK". You should see them now.

Batch upload them all to Cmine and you should find the fields you refer to above all completed. I know this works 100% for me with photoshop. I see no reason why this would not work with any software able to change the IPTC data. You will need to use the plugin Andre mentions for the keywords first though. I believe that there was some confusion over which IPTC piece of data was actually the one for the Title. Some have suggested it was the "Headline" field but I know for sure that it is the "Document Title" one.

The IPTC data also shows on the screen in your gallery if you click "Display File Information", see http://www.denisg.co.uk/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3147#top_display_media and scroll down. Check the file name and description and you will see they are the same.

Hope this helps.

Denis.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 10:00:30 am »

You will need to use the plugin Andre mentions for the keywords first though. I believe that there was some confusion over which IPTC piece of data was actually the one for the Title. Some have suggested it was the "Headline" field but I know for sure that it is the "Document Title" one.
If you're using IPTC data, you don't need another plugin. Here's the relevant code snippet:
Code: [Select]
            // read IPTC data
            $iptc = get_IPTC($image);
            if (is_array($iptc) && !$title && !$caption && !$keywords) {  //if any of those 3 are filled out we don't want to override them, they may be blank on purpose.
                $title = (isset($iptc['Headline'])) ? $iptc['Headline'] : $title;
                $caption = (isset($iptc['Caption'])) ? $iptc['Caption'] : $caption;
                $keywords = (isset($iptc['Keywords'])) ? implode($CONFIG['keyword_separator'], $iptc['Keywords']) : $keywords;
            }

As you can see Coppermine reads IPTC data for title, caption and keywords. For the title IPTC 'Headline' is used.

DenisG

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 01:02:56 pm »

Thanks for that reminder Andre, for the life of me I couldn't remember exactly if it was necessary or not. Apologies for any confusion :)

Denis.

DenisG

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 01:45:25 pm »

Andre, what was the location of that piece of code?

In photoshop CS5, in Metadata tab I edited a demo photo to the following Metadata settings:
Document Title = 12345
Headline = 67890
Keywords = Sion Hall Falconry
Description = Test
See http://www.denisg.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/CmineTest2.jpg

I uloaded into my Coppermine gallery and it showed:
Title = 12345
Description = Test
Keywords = Sion Hall Falconry
See http://www.denisg.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/CmineTest1.jpg

This shows to me that the Title is being read from IPTC Document Title, not Headline does it not?

Denis.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 02:16:41 pm »

You're using and outdated version (cpg1.5.8). The behavior has been changed some time ago, see http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,61380.0.html

DenisG

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 05:56:05 pm »

Thanks Andre. Confirmed - IPTC "HEADLINE" is the Coppermine "Title" in current 1.5.14 version. No idea at which upgrade it was changed.

Those insisting on keeping at least 1.5.08 and avoiding upgrading will still find that it is IPTC "Document Title" that is used.

Forgive me again for any confusion here :-[
Denis.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2011, 06:02:20 pm »

No idea at which upgrade it was changed.
That's the default behavior since cpg1.5.10. You can see the code change here: http://coppermine.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/coppermine/trunk/cpg1.5.x/include/picmgmt.inc.php?r1=7964&r2=7963&pathrev=7964
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.