Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this already possible? User Gallery from Public Albums  (Read 1935 times)

martijn.kuipers

• Coppermine newbie
Is this already possible? User Gallery from Public Albums
« on: July 20, 2011, 01:02:22 am »

Hi,

Very new to coppermine, but really liking it. Nice job :-)

There is just this one thing (for now) that I can't figure out, so let me try to describe what I want to achieve:

I have a coppermine for a school-class and we have quite a nice set of photos (12GB). Each parent can upload his photos to the site (working). Imagine a parent who want "download/select" just the photos where his own child is portrayed. I though I should allow user galleries, but then I can't figure out how to let the parents select photos from any public album and add them to their gallery. Is this actually possible? I thought the user gallery would merely exist of database records, pointing to photos in public albums, but can't seem to get this working.

If it is not possible (out of the box or with an existing plugin) I will try to make some time to add this "feature".

My coppermine is a closed site, but it is running stock 1.5. School does not allow us to put photos taken at school online due to privacy issues.

Thanks,
Martijn

pols1337

• Coppermine frequent poster
Re: Is this already possible? User Gallery from Public Albums
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 01:15:12 am »

More experienced Coppermine users can offer their input ... 

But from what I understand of Coppermine, you can allow Parents to add individual pictures to their "Favorites" and then allow a zip-download of Favorites.  (Look in "Configuration" to allow these options).

Also, you can add keywords to pictures of student names ... eg. a picture can have the keywords "Student Name 1;Student Name 2; Student Name 3" ... so parents can search for Student Name 1 and all pictures that include that name should appear. 

Even better, if you've added keywords to individual pictures (that already exist on your Coppermine), you ought to be able to create an album named Student Name 1 and within album properties, make its keyword = Student Name 1.  This will aggregate all pictures containing the keyword of Student Name 1 and make it appear in this new album. 

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 09:54:31 am »

I thought the user gallery would merely exist of database records, pointing to photos in public albums
Since cpg1.5.x it wasn't possible for regular users to create albums in 'public' categories (means: categories outside of the 'User Galleries' category). So 'User Galleries' is just a category with special privileges, where regular users can create albums themselves (if allowed in the groups settings). That's how this term arose.

What you're looking for is
add individual pictures to their "Favorites"

martijn.kuipers

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 12:32:22 am »

Thanks to both of you. I will try to see how it works for me.

/Martijn
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 19 queries.