Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Invalid]: dynamicaly generated only once  (Read 4577 times)

zom

• Coppermine regular visitor
[Invalid]: dynamicaly generated only once
« on: June 25, 2004, 06:38:56 am »

In coppermine there are 3 size of images: thumbail (generated and recorded on hard drive) , intermediate size (always dynamically generated BUT not recorded on hard drive), and of course the image itself (on hard drive).

It could be very helpfull for the server load and faster: the intermediate sized image should be recorded on hard drive like the thumbail image after having being generatedthe first time
thanks
 ;)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2004, 10:02:26 am by GauGau »
Thanks to everyone

OmegaGOD

• Supporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • I approve.
Re: dynamicaly generated only once
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 08:31:50 am »

the intermediate sized image should be recorded on hard drive like the thumbail image

The intermediate images are in fact recorded on the hard drive; however, you must tell coppermine to do so. Under the config settings, under 'Pictures and thumbnails settings', set the option 'Create intermediate pictures' to 'YES'. This will create the intermediate images and store them on your hard drive.

--OmegaGOD
Please do not PM me with support questions. Please read the manual and then if posting questions please place them in the proper sub-boards.

zom

• Coppermine regular visitor
Re: [Invalid]: dynamicaly generated only once
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2004, 05:38:38 pm »

oops something seems to go wrong in my use of coppermine because there is no instermediaite images strored on my hard drive. I ve of course activated this option... :-\\
Thanks to everyone

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2004, 09:15:15 am »

after activating the intermediate option, there will only be intermeidates created for the pics you upload from that time on. If you want intermediates created for the pics that already existed in coppermine before you changed the config settings, use the admin tools (resize utility).

GauGau

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2004, 12:41:20 pm »

And they are only created if the original pic is larger than the size for intermediate you have set in config.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.