Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Enable non administrator to edit file info  (Read 4408 times)

christfort

• Coppermine newbie
Enable non administrator to edit file info
« on: July 05, 2011, 03:59:30 pm »

Hi,

Is it possible to create a group of users that are allowed to edit file info? Apparently only administrators can do this. What I want to achieve is, to be able to grant a group of users access to edit file info on files in all albums that they are permitted to upload into.

Regards,
Thomas Christfort

christfort

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Enable non administrator to edit file info
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 10:33:00 pm »

I read the post:

Is it possible to give some users the rights to only edit tags in albums ?

And used this approach to grant all registered users the right to edit file info. However in file editpics.php where I modify to: " WHERE p.aid = '$album_id'" . is it possible to restrict this access to one new created group instead of all registered users?

Thomas

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Enable non administrator to edit file info
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 09:22:39 am »

I read the post:

Is it possible to give some users the rights to only edit tags in albums ?
-> http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,67601.0.html

is it possible to restrict this access to one new created group instead of all registered users?
Try to replace
Code: [Select]
" WHERE p.aid = '$album_id' $owner_str" .with
Code: [Select]
" WHERE p.aid = '$album_id' AND owner_id IN (SELECT user_id FROM {$CONFIG['TABLE_USERS']} WHERE user_group = '123456')" .in the unmodified editpics.php file (untested).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.