Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm not "seeing" CPG  (Read 7650 times)

Hoibie

• Coppermine newbie
I'm not "seeing" CPG
« on: June 23, 2011, 07:31:52 pm »

Hello - I'm on a host that supports "One Click" plug-in/app installs including CPG.  I have my website up and running and want to add CPG to the aleady existing structure - a stucture which is not yet complete for publishing but close enough.  I don't know what to expect.

I used my host's "One Click" install process.  It would not let me install to a new clean folder tucked underneath the root (public_html).  I established a "CPG" folder underneath "mysite.com" as a peer to "public_html".  I don't believe this is correct but I had no other choice.  I continued nonetheless and after the install, "mysite.com/cpg" reports that it is an "Empty Directory".  I was expecting to see files in there.

1. Where does CPG actually install if that can be told here.
2. Does the site have to be published, active and online in order to see CPG in action?

H

Hoibie

• Coppermine newbie
Re: I'm not "seeing" CPG - update
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 10:33:46 pm »

OK, I have to back up.  I do see the /cpg/ folder and it does have many files/folders/subfolders inside.  It did NOT go where I thought but is in fact housed below (public_HTML).  It must have been smart enough to put itself where my host would not permit.  Anyway...

I see under my host's "mySQL Databases" that there are now 5 mySQL databases in existence.  I didn't create them, the installer did.  I assume then that these are the one's CPG will be using.  Or, am I going to be responsible for creating additional ones, like the documentation (Question 4 of the readme) states?

At this point, I can't tell if it's going to work because the website isn't ready to put out there yet.  It's close but not right away.  It's not clear as to how it operates.  Could someone here be kind enough to refer me to a site (any site) where CPG is in use?  So, I can try to determine how it will look, feel?

Thanks again folks and sorry for the early confusion.

H

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • +Tinyportal Support team.
Re: I'm not "seeing" CPG - update
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 11:45:22 pm »

Could someone here be kind enough to refer me to a site (any site) where CPG is in use?  So, I can try to determine how it will look, feel?

How about the demo site. It'll show you the bsic layout. http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg15x/  Or look in my signature, my site uses it. ;)
Running SMF 2.1.4  / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25, plus cpmfetch 2.0.0

Hoibie

• Coppermine newbie
Re: I'm not "seeing" CPG - more
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 12:01:13 am »

OK, Oh - thank you for showing me this.  As I said I don't really know what to expect as far as interaction with what I've already constructed.

I guess you have to have all the "stuff" at the top bar.  What do you use, a template, to fashion something more "appealing"?

There's another thing I don't see in the doc.  How does one "call" the CP Gallery from say one's main site's "Photos" page for example?  If there's some sort of HTML command, I can't find it.  Would you happen to know?

H

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: I'm not "seeing" CPG - more
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 12:30:19 am »

I guess you have to have all the "stuff" at the top bar.  What do you use, a template, to fashion something more "appealing"?

You mean the sliding pics along the top?  This is just a plugin, you can find it here, http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,57388.0.html

There's another thing I don't see in the doc.  How does one "call" the CP Gallery from say one's main site's "Photos" page for example?  If there's some sort of HTML command, I can't find it.  Would you happen to know?

The latest pics on my front page are pulled from the gallery, and displayed using CPMfetch, you can find it here, attached to the bottom of that post. http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,35450.0.html  But you will need to modify it slightly to run on 1.5.12  see here, http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,65412.0.html
Running SMF 2.1.4  / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25, plus cpmfetch 2.0.0

Hoibie

• Coppermine newbie
Re: I'm not "seeing" CPG
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 01:27:23 am »

OK, thanks again for coming back.  I really am trying to learn this but it's hard if you don't have a site/facility to play with.  Obviously, I'm not being clear so let me try again.

On the demo site, across the top I see "Home//Forum//Project//Download//Documentation//About Us// etc. etc.  I don't need any of that and it will confuse the users.

Then just beneath that I see:  a bar with "Themes" and languages.  I don't need those but all I need to establish is one theme and one language.

Then I have the Coppermine logo and on the right the verson badge.  I can live with those I suppose.

Next below that I see:  Home // Login // Album List // Search //
We're not having anyone log in - so it's not needed. 

But unless I'm not in the right place in the doc, there's nothing that tells me how to eliminate those bars, links and elements I don't care about and I don't want.

Maybe I've picked the wrong package for a simple gallery?

H

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 09:33:49 am »

But unless I'm not in the right place in the doc, there's nothing that tells me how to eliminate those bars, links and elements I don't care about and I don't want.

Maybe I've picked the wrong package for a simple gallery?

Those first two bars as you call them are just part of the coppermine demo site, they won't be included in your coppemine install.  The gallery you will see starts from the cppermine logo downwards. ;)  You really should do a local install using Xampp or similar, then you can test all the options, and play a customise as required. 

Or even download the Live demo from here, http://sourceforge.net/projects/coppermine/files/  Note: It's for windows 32bit.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 11:11:33 am »

This thread is getting elsewhere. What's your actual issue? You said you're using an auto-installer. That may be the main issue, please read this. We strongly recommend that you install Coppermine as explained in our docs for good reasons.

Please don't ask questions about this and that until you have a running gallery. If you want to know how to edit your theme, please read the theme docs and search the theme board, as it has already been answered a lot of times how to remove content from your theme.

Please also read our board rules, e.g. you're not allowed to ask more than one question per thread.

Thank you.

Hoibie

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2011, 12:56:17 pm »

Well, OK Andre.  I won't argue but, I'll just say I wasn't aware leave it at that. 

I do have some things to deepen my understanding thanks to the kind and helpful responder.  Some of what he's pointed out and helped me with aren't found in your documentation so I'm glad I got this help and I'll thank him/her again.

And please, I'm sorry if I've disobeyed your rules.

H
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.