Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there any way to maintain "total views" even if I delete certain images?  (Read 2089 times)

Secretcloud

• Coppermine newbie

Hi, first off let me say that I love your program. I have had fun with it so far and enjoy it very much.

Now for my question, I did some searches on this forum but could not find anybody speaking about my specific inquiry in regards to photo views:

I am curious if there is a way to keep the "total lifetime views" for my gallery regardless whether photos have been removed or not?

Basically, I want to remove a section from my gallery but that will also reduce my total views from:

"303 files in 7 albums and 2 categories with 4 comments viewed 23419 times"

all the way down to:

"70 files in 6 albums and 2 categories with 4 comments viewed 2445 times"

Is there any possibility to make it so that it does not base this number on files that remain but instead a "total lifetime time views" of the gallery history instead? For example, I know that on youtube if I delete a video my total video views on my channel does not fluctuate and is unaffected by the deleted video.  So if I had a total of 100,000 views and removed a video with 25,000 views my total will still remain 100,000 instead of becoming 75,000 because of the deleted video.  Is there anyway to do that here with Coppermine so that I can remove a large folder that was viewed heavily and even with the removed folder I can still maintain my total views for the lifetime of the gallery?

Thanks for any help about this,

Secretcloud

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

That's not possible by default. Maybe it works when you move images (instead of deleting them) in a hidden, password protected album (I haven't checked that). If that's no option you'd have to insert a new value in the database that counts up every time someone views an image (the function add_hit would be the right place). Then you'll have to modify/extend the following row, so it just reads your new value instead of calculating it from all available images:
303 files in 7 albums and 2 categories with 4 comments viewed 23419 times
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.