Support > cpg1.5 language

Danish Characters Issues - UTF-8

(1/3) > >>

mboesen:
Hallo

I have just installed 1.5.12 and is testing it (am still using 1.4.x, until 1.5.12 works properly for my needs) and unfortunately have run into some UTF-8, special danish character problems. The problem isn't only in 1.5, but also 1.4. It actually started when Adobe Lightroom was upgraded from 3.3 to 3.4. Now I know this is not a support forum for LR, but after several discussion on Adobe Forum I will also try here.

The problem occurs when exporting images from LR and then adding them to Coppermine. In LR 3.3 there was no problem, but now in LR 3.4 the danish characters øæå is not translated correctly... I get this

FC Nordsjælland mod Randers FC
FC Nordsjælland mod Randers FC i Farum Park. Resultat 2-1. Mål af ....

I started out thinking that is it LR that have a problem. But according to Adobe in the new version of LR, they say...

"I think what you're seeing is by design. Lightroom is now following the Metadata Working Group guidelines for IPTC character set encoding, which requires always using  UTF-8 character set encoding.  This allows files to be exchanged correctly between systems that use different local character set encodings."

I tried to explain that Coppermine was indeed using UTF-8. Then I was directed to this....

Have a look at your image using Jeffrey's Exif Viewer (a WebInterface to ExifTool) and check the content there.

And at Jeffreys my data is correct... coming from LR....

So now I really don't know where to start....

Can anyone help on this issue?

My gallery is at http://boesenfoto.dk/gallery/index.php

mboesen:
Morning guys

I have now made some tests and the problem seems to be in Coppermine....

I made an images and entered øæå... and it is fine i Bridge (and other places where I can check the meta data), but not in Coppermine. The really weird thing is that I tried ÆØÅ.øæå and the only thing in Coppermine was the "."... If I added text before, then the øæå is imported but in weird forms.

I am trying to have someone explain to me what exactly is the difference from LR 3.3 and 3.4.x., since it suddenly don't work in Coppermine. Will returns once I get the explanation..

Thanks for your time

Αndré:
We're talking about EXIF/IPTC data, right? Afaik a user (also from the Nordic countries) already reported a similar issue. Please read this thread and try if the suggestions will (at least partly) fix your issues.

mboesen:
Morning André

I did find that thread and started replying, but I believe the system said it was an old thread and if I really wanted to reply. So I decided to start a new thread. After reading the thread I got the feeling that he still had the same problems and corrected them manually. That will be really hard for me when adding more than a 100 images from soccer matches at the same time.

I got this from the Adobe thread where I discuss if it could be a problem in Lightroom....

"In Lightroom 3.4 we updated the reading and writing of metadata to conform to the guidelines of the Metadata Working Group specification. As part of the MWG spec, some changes were made to text encoding for reading/writing various metadata fields. See http://www.metadataworkinggroup.org/p... (page 32, 33). My guess is that the Coppermine might not follow the MWG spec."

Does that help anything. I don't much about coding, so it doesn't help me much ;-)

Thanks for your time...

mboesen:
Just tried to add the config line. It changed the danish characters, also the screwed up ones, again :-/ But not into the correct letters. Tried to upload new image with the mentioned characters, but still no luck...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version