Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Sub-Albums?  (Read 1757 times)

GRNDPNDR

• Coppermine newbie
No Sub-Albums?
« on: June 04, 2011, 06:04:25 pm »

So if I upload my photos laid out like this.

Main Album
-file
-file
-file
--Sub-Album 1
---file
---file
--Sub-Album 2
---file
---file

It can't remain like that in coppermine?

As it is now it seems I have to have

Main Album(Category)
-Main Album (Album, assigned to "Main Album" category)
--file
--file
-Sub Album 1 (Album, assigned to "Main Album" category)
--file
-Sub Album 2 (Album, assigned to "Main Album" category)

So Sub Album 1 & 2 are no longer subs of Main Album, but of the category, and I need to have an album with the same title as it's category just to put the pictures that are already in the "Main album" album since the pictures MUST be upload to an album.

am I missing something? because this makes organizing my library a little confusing having to organize it like that.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: No Sub-Albums?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 05:39:17 pm »

In Coppermine pictures/files always have to belong to an album, albums have to belong to a category (either the root category or a category you created yourself). Categories can be nested as you wish. Additionally there's the album keyword feature, which can 'link' pictures between albums (which doesn't help you with your issue). Albums cannot be nested.

Feel free to start a new thread in the feature requests board, so it may be possible in a future version of Coppermine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.