Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album viewing permissions - more than one group?  (Read 7121 times)

DoctorBean

• Coppermine novice
Album viewing permissions - more than one group?
« on: December 08, 2010, 10:40:39 am »

I have a Restricted album, which should only be viewed by 2 groups. In the dropdown list, one can only select one group. Is it possible to have multiple groups? The reason being that group one are registered users, but they can't upload or create. Group two are also registered users, but they can upload and create.

Or can one create a subgroup, where it inherits the permissions from the parent group with additional permissions?

Thanks in advance.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Album viewing permissions - more than one group?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 11:38:48 am »

Is it possible to have multiple groups?
That's not possible. But a user can reside in more than one group. That's the only way how you can accomplish your goal without core code modifications.

can one create a subgroup, where it inherits the permissions from the parent group with additional permissions?
That's also not possible.

Wolfseye

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 03:56:36 pm »

Though this topic is older, but i didn't want to create another thread with similiar content.

What I want in my forum is this.

Guests (no upload rights)
Registered Users (no upload rights)
Custom Usergroup (supposed to give some of the Members special permissions besides them also being in Registered Users)

So, the custom groups are not in the Groups pulldown menu. They are planted below that with extra checkboxes in the Administration.

When I add some Members now, in addition to the REGISTERED USERS group, also to the Custom Usergroup, which gives them the right to upload things, how can I set that in the Quota for upload this custom group has ?

Because as soon as they are in the Registered Usergroup (mainly), the upload quota will be taken from that Usergroup and non of the additional usergroups they're in.
So how can i set that properly ?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 05:57:34 pm »

Not sure if I understood your issue correctly. Is your only issue the group quota (= how much Bytes a user can upload to your gallery)? If so, just set/increase the quota for the Registered Users group to your needs, as users that just belongs to that group cannot upload pictures at all.

Wolfseye

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 07:24:37 pm »

Yes, but since the User Group with the actual upload permissions is not the "REGISTERED USERS" but a custom created group, would the Quota i set with "REGISTERED USERS" count with that of the custom group ?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 08:25:28 pm »

I'm currently not sure which value will apply. Just give it a try and report back if the lower or higher value will be used for that users.

Wolfseye

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2011, 08:32:01 am »

Ok, the following happend. I increased the Quota for "REGISTERED USERS" which allowed users that were in more than just that Usergroup, to upload Picures with that Quota, though the actual group "REGISTERED USERS" has no permission to upload, but the Custom Group has.

So it works that way.  ;)

What would be better is if you can decide which usergroup is primary and which secondary, like in Forums. The way it is now I can only do it because I disallow users in the "REGISTERED" group the right to upload. If i wanted to give people in the "REGISTERED" also the right to upload, just less Quota, I would have a problem now.

Basically adding additional User Groups is good, but its too limited what you can do with it.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2011, 10:46:27 am »

You can use every group (that means the default groups and also your custom groups) as primary group for your users.

Wolfseye

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2011, 11:25:38 am »

What I mean is in a Forum I can say that the Member can be in that group and in that group. And when I have a section in the forum which is accessible by Group 1 and 2, if he is in both groups he can see that forum. If he would be only in 1, he couldnt see it.
But in CPG i can only set permission to a Album to one Usergroup, not several. Thats the problem.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2011, 11:40:28 am »

Feel free to start a new thread in the feature requests board, if it doesn't exist yet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.