Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help needed with watermarking  (Read 6460 times)

Beun

• Coppermine newbie
  • beun.net
    • beun.net
Help needed with watermarking
« on: June 03, 2011, 12:11:15 pm »

Hi all.

Just last week installed Coppermine. All works like it should. Busy now with integrating the theme into my website. No problems there. Great piece of software.

Been experimenting with the watermarking functionality. Works like it should too. However...

The watermark image I have created for Coppermine to use works only if I paste it on to a photograph as a new layer in Paint Shop Pro, and then merge the two together. Only then it really looks like a watermark.
An example of what that looks like on another (not coppermine) site of mine: photo.

So THAT is what I want... But if I upload the watermark image for coppermine to use, it pastes it onto the picture alright, but as a grey bar. Watermark text is still visible, but it's a grey bar. So not quite like the example above.

Anyone any idea or suggestion on how (with what parameters) to save the watermark image in Paint Shop Pro, so that when Coppermine uses it, it really looks like a watermark, and not a grey bar with text?

MrBiggZ

• Coppermine novice
Re: Help needed with watermarking
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 07:18:19 pm »

I read you thread and decided to try this out myself.  It seems that upon turning the watermark feature on it only applies to photos going forward.  So, existing photos are untouched.

I'm under the assumption that in order to get this to work 100% and the way you want that you're going to have to play with it a little bit.  It does work, I tried it with the stock watermark.

Mind you I'm no expert with CPG.  I've played with it for a number of years but never really dove into the inner workings of it.  Good Luck!

Beun

• Coppermine newbie
  • beun.net
    • beun.net
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 02:39:22 pm »

Thanks, but, of course already uploaded photographs are left untouched. The whole watermarking thing is part of the upload process.
There are no problems with the process itself. I can watermark any picture I upload just fine.

I started this topic because I need help in the creation of the watermark image itself, before inserting it into Coppermine.

If anyone has any idea, I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know :D

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 02:35:45 pm »

Does it look as expected with the stock watermark? Please attach your custom watermark image so we can test it ourselves.

Beun

• Coppermine newbie
  • beun.net
    • beun.net
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 12:59:39 am »

Does it look as expected with the stock watermark? Please attach your custom watermark image so we can test it ourselves.

It works just fine with the stock watermark [attachment coppermine_zeppelin_stock-watermark.jpg]

The thing is, I want a differend kind of watermark.
I created my own watermark image in Paint Shop Pro [attachment coppermine_foto-watermark.psp]
And (in Paint Shop Pro) I can paste that watermark onto an image [attachment coppermine_zeppelin_beun_watermark.jpg]

Now I am trying to use coppermine_foto-watermark.psp in Coppermine, but it of course doesn't accept the psp-extension, so I have to save it to another format, and that is my problem. Because I have tried several options, but if I use this watermark in Coppermine it looks like this [attachment

Beun

• Coppermine newbie
  • beun.net
    • beun.net
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 01:10:29 am »

Apologies... I noticed I stopped in the middle of a sentence in the above post and for the life of me, I cannot find an edit-button ???
So I'll finish my post here...

Now I am trying to use coppermine_foto-watermark.psp in Coppermine, but it of course doesn't accept the psp-extension, so I have to save it to another format, and that is my problem. Because I have tried several options, but if I use this watermark in Coppermine it looks like this [attachment coppermine_zeppelin_beun_watermark-not-good.jpg]

Is there a way for me to use this watermark file in Coppermine?

(FWIW, I cannot upload a PSP-file on this forum, so the PSP-file in my previous post is inside the ZIP)

Thanks! :D

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 05:32:05 pm »

Unfortunately I have no possibilities to open your psp file. Can you export that file as png file in Paint Shop Pro?

Beun

• Coppermine newbie
  • beun.net
    • beun.net
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 09:38:42 pm »

Unfortunately I have no possibilities to open your psp file. Can you export that file as png file in Paint Shop Pro?

Well, yeah, I can, but that is exactly the problem... I saved it as a PNG, and then it looks like the watermark on attachment coppermine_zeppelin_beun_watermark-not-good.jpg.

I don't know how to export what I have created in such a way that Coppermine can use it.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 10:21:52 pm »

Please attach your png file.

Beun

• Coppermine newbie
  • beun.net
    • beun.net
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 11:14:17 pm »

Please attach your png file.

Very well. Here it is :)

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2011, 10:43:36 am »

You need to add an alpha channel to your png file.

Beun

• Coppermine newbie
  • beun.net
    • beun.net
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2011, 01:33:07 pm »

You need to add an alpha channel to your png file.

I see...
How bad is it if I don't really know how to do that?  :o
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.