Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Critical Error with multiple album names  (Read 2390 times)

GRNDPNDR

• Coppermine newbie
Critical Error with multiple album names
« on: May 31, 2011, 04:41:41 pm »

I know this will likely sound silly but when I make a second album with the same name as an already existing album, I will get a critical error message on most pages of my gallery that show images.

The reason I would do this is because I have multiple categories of pictures, some of which containing the same folder names, but different pictures.

In one case, I have an album for carnivorous plants (I grow them) and I would want to separate;

1.) The pictures I take in a single day in one album for that day. So album "Carnivorous Plants" contains folders/albums by date.
2.) The pictures I take that day categorized into which plant it is. So while I have taken pictures on may 31 2011, there are pictures of various types of plants. I want to be able to have photos in the may 31 2011 album under different categories, for that same day. or different albums for that same day.

I may want to go even further and have the various types of plants broken down into their different species.

So it might look something like this, where all of the pictures from that day are simply located in that folder, with the different categories within that days album, but not having duplicate pictures in each sub album.

Carnivorous Plants
- May 30 2001
- May 31 2011
-- Main Plant 1
--- Plant 1 Species A
--- Plant 1 Species B
-- Main Plant 2

I don't know if I'm making much sense because I'm new to coppermine and galleries in general so I don't know how the categories and albums work together quite yet, or even how I fully want to organize them all yet but I have TONS of pictures I want to put on  here and when it comes to the more scientific picture taking I really like to have control over how it all gets organized.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Critical Error with multiple album names
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 04:59:21 pm »

I don't understand your issue. Can you please post a link to your gallery so we can view that error live? Please also enable debug mode. Additionally, I cannot see 2 albums with the same name in your example:
Carnivorous Plants
- May 30 2001
- May 31 2011
-- Main Plant 1
--- Plant 1 Species A
--- Plant 1 Species B
-- Main Plant 2

Please just use the terms 'category', 'album', and 'picture' as these are the only things Coppermine knows. Please use them carefully to explain your issue. A lot of people mix-up those terms, which results in a lot of confusion.

GRNDPNDR

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 01:45:47 am »

I'm sorry, the error may have been something with my host.

As for the example, that's basically how I may like to organize my albums.

I haven't figured out the best way to sort my photos and such.

I guess I should just have the main album with the pictures for that album assigned to categories for each date?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 04:16:36 pm »

I'm sorry, the error may have been something with my host.
So your initial issue is solved now?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.