Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Maximum allowable file size  (Read 15645 times)

olaeblue

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
Maximum allowable file size
« on: May 30, 2011, 01:34:04 pm »

I have set up coppermine, but on the upload pages it limits uploads to 1MiB.  On simple mode it has a headline that says "Maximum allowed file size is 1.00 MiB" in flash mode it just reports all the bigger files as too big.

in phpinfo it says "upload_max_filesize 40M 40M " So I don't think the problem is there & I can't find an upload limit setting.  I tried changing the group quota setting but that makes no difference (I didn't think it would but was getting desperate :-) )

Any advice?  I suspect it is something stupid I've missed.

Thanks

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Maximum allowable file size
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 12:07:39 pm »

Coppermine has an extra file size setting in its config: Max size for uploaded files (KB)

DJSexton

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 04:08:01 am »

I am a newbie :o

I have my webmaster working on an issue but being an old tech guy, I like to get my hands dirty as well - best way to learn actually, as long as its not my website.  In this case it is, so I am asking for help. lol

(1.5.12) We keep trying to upload medium size photos (~3M jpg's) and with mixed success we are only able to get 500K's uploaded.  This is also from numerous dynamic IP's and numerous O/S's.  The message we are getting is, "Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 18874368 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 12000 bytes) in /hermes/web09/b1159/as.xxxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/photos/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 436"

Now, we set the maximum allowable to 25MB I believe, and still no success.  It just seems to simple to miss.  In simple mode, we also have the I have admin rights but can't seem to locate a conflict.

Help?

Thx,
Dave

DJSexton

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 04:29:02 am »

An account has been set up for test user: Forgot to put this in after reading the help page...

http://photos.sextonstudiosinc.com/login.php
user: test user
pass: testuser

Thank you!

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 09:39:54 am »

Next time, please read the board rules and docs before posting (you broke several rules). Your issue has been asked and answered a lot of times in this board and is also described in the docs: http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/upload_troubleshooting.htm#upload_trouble_memory_usage

Please search the board if the information in the docs isn't sufficient for you.

As you have rendered the Coppermine footer invisible, please also read that: http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/theme_copyright.htm

Locking.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.